Excellent news for me... (Read 584 times)

Now that was a bath...

My platelets are high! In fact they are higher than they have been in ages! 128. A veritable feast of platelets. Doc doesn't know why I have the blood spots. It could be that my platelets were really low a week ago and that they have recovered already. It could be that I am weird. It could be that I have an additional condition alongside the ITP, but IMO, if it's a problem that no one can actually find then it can't be that much of a problem! I was so excited I stuffed my face with cookies, chips, spaghetti and cheese and celebrated with a glass of sparkling water - who says I don't know how to live it large! I am still going to do what Ewa says and consult a sports doc to see if they have any more information. I'd hate to get close to a marathon (or even a hilly 12K) and have to pull out at the last minute. Better to know what I am facing before it happens. Thanks for putting up with me! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Prophet!

Yay for high platelets...(double yay for living it large)... aloha, steve
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Woot, that's exactly the news I was hoping for this AM! It's going to be a good week, I think! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

Excellent, I think those vibes worked!
          Wingz

Professional Noob

I was so excited I stuffed my face with cookies, chips, spaghetti and cheese and celebrated with a glass of sparkling water - who says I don't know how to live it large!
            LOL! And that gives you a great excuse to go "run it off!" Big grin I'm delighted for you! See? Running can't be all that bad... Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

I agree the vibes DEFINETLY paid off! GREAT news hun!!! Enjoy your run today hun (or is it tomorrow).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hurray! Go for a nice run to celebrate. I tried to google for your condition and the only thing i could find was warnings to avoid contact sports, nothing about running. Anyway, good luck with your training. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hurray! Go for a nice run to celebrate. I tried to google for your condition and the only thing i could find was warnings to avoid contact sports, nothing about running.
                  So no slamming into runners who get in your way, OK?! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Glad you got good results back!! Robin

Robin