Columbus Marathon (Read 437 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Is anyone doing this race? I have heard it is flat and a great qualifier for Boston. I am not ready for Boston yet, if anything the flying pig taught me that lesson. I was wondering if I really need to register early. They have a 10,000 runner max.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Lazy idiot

Bearcat, I'll be doing the half in Columbus this October. Race organizers tout that 1 in 5 will qualify for Boston. If you've ever been to Columbus, you know this race has no choice but to be flat. There are no hills here! Last year, they had just over 6,500 runners in the full and half combined. This year should be a little bigger, but if you didn't want to take your chances I'd sign up as soon as you can. Good luck!

Tick tock

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Thanks Drew. My only concern is the weather. Have you found a hotel yet? Did you do Columbus last year? Have you ever done the Flying Pig in Cincinnati?
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Lazy idiot

Thanks Drew. My only concern is the weather. Have you found a hotel yet? Did you do Columbus last year? Have you ever done the Flying Pig in Cincinnati?
          I actually live in Columbus, so I don't really need a hotel. Cool Last year, I believe the weather at the beginning of the race was in the high 30's, and warmed up to low-mid 50's by mid-end race. I've never done the race before, this will be my first year.

Tick tock