HELP! My Garmin won't turn on?? (Read 904 times)

Have a Garmin 305 and went to take it off charger a few mins ago and it does absolutely nothing.  

Any helpful comments appreciated.

Thanks.

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

I'd try at least one of the reset sequences?

I don't remember them off the top of my head, but I'd go google to find them. They involve pushing two or three buttons simultaneously.

MTA: Found on google in 5 seconds, so obviously I didn't do any real reasearch, but t is on a garmin.com site, so probably decently reliable:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/faq.jsp?product=010-00447-00&cID=160&pID=331&ra=true

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks. I'll give it a try Smile
          Thanks so much. Didn't know there was a reset sequence, worked first time Smile

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

Excellent.

Just for future reference, I think there also may be another reset -- a "hard reset" instead of a "soft reset" -- which deletes all your data, so it is only for when the first reset fails.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

don't drop it, it totally p@#$Ss it off.  Mine landing on its side and cracked from one side to another (but still worked), and now the whole thing has gone dim. 

I had the same problem with my 305 last year.  The reset didn't work for me.  Luckily it was still under warranty.  I mailed it to Garmin and they fixed it or sent a refurb ( I couldn't tell).  It works fine now.

Started c25k on 5/30/11