What's the nastiest thing anyone has said about your running? (Read 1566 times)

And that's just the voices in my head. Tight lipped
    give him a rimshot!

Runner: what do they make you do do at your practice when you guys screw up? Football player: we have to run. Runner: Do you think when we screw up the coach says "ok guys go out and play some football"?

jeffdonahue

Runner: what do they make you do do at your practice when you guys screw up? Football player: we have to run. Runner: Do you think when we screw up the coach says "ok guys go out and play some football"?
        Thanks Doug, that made me laugh out loud. I really needed it today too.
          My husband tells me that I love running more than him, although I try my hardest to run when he's either sleeping or working. I think he's just jealous
            I started running a year ago. I am slow. I have worked up to 10-ish minute miles, and 9.5 miles is my longest run. My DH started running several weeks ago. He does the same 2.8 mile route every time. And every time tries to beat his time before. (Stupid, I know, I try to tell him, but Roll eyes ) I ran with him the other day for HIS newbie-running moral support. He said, "If I ran this slow, I could run 9.5 miles, too." Shocked

http://www.runningnotes.net

I started running a year ago. I am slow. I have worked up to 10-ish minute miles, and 9.5 miles is my longest run. My DH started running several weeks ago. He does the same 2.8 mile route every time. And every time tries to beat his time before. (Stupid, I know, I try to tell him, but Roll eyes ) I ran with him the other day for HIS newbie-running moral support. He said, "If I ran this slow, I could run 9.5 miles, too." Shocked
              lol. I think most people tried that running plan at some point. I was trying to do 5K as fast as I could 3-4 times a week. Didn't last long. Tell him to come with you for 10 miles at that pace if he thinks that. Evil grin

De-slacking in progress

I saw a shirt that said something liek that once - "My sport is your sport's punishment."
                http://www.zazzle.com/my_sport_is_your_sports_punishment_shirt-235058791910037980

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

uncontrollable

I stopped in my local quickmart to get gum while out on a run - this guy about 5ft 9in 350lbs (who I've seen 'hanging out there before' <odd> said "ever heard of eating?" ... and I almost said "have you heard about the obesity problem in America?" but instead I just said something like "don't worry about me - I eat" I didn't want to get his adipose attitude - he probably would've followed me in his car & started throwing donuts or suzie Q's at me. </odd>

peace