>Off the Beaten Path>Valentine's Day
The Logic of Long Distance
- If I'm going to receive flowers, it should be any day other than valentines day, and not within 7 days before or after.
- There shalt be no roses in this house, any time of year.
- No cards are exchanged. We see each other every day.
- We go out to dinner when we feel like it, not on a random Wednesday when people proposals are flying and everyone's wearing red.
Sorry, Hallmark. (We're of the opinion that every day is a day we should tell our loved ones how important they are to us. )
Princess Cancer Pants
• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018
Now that was a bath...
Now that Claire and Scout7 have heated things up in here
That sounds like us! Plus today is my birthday and my hubby's is in 10 days, so V-day has always been sort of a non-holiday for us. In fact, I was just in Victoria's Secret today and noticed that at one point I was the only female in the store...which made me chuckle. I think they were more aware of the holiday than I am!
Poor guys, with all the pressure. My husband never realized he had it so good with our rules, huh?
I encourage everyone to donate blood this V-Day. What can be more romantic than sharing the opportunity to save a life with the person you love?
(Coming from the single woman who the Red Cross says isnt cool enough to give blood.)
I told a guy I dated for several years that he was only allowed to bring me flowers after I give a concert. (And I wasnt in the concert-giving business.) So he proceeded to bring "my mom" flowers when he joined us (frequently) for Friday night dinners. (He usually brought most of the food, too.) It took him about 2 years until he decided to ignore my rules and set his own, at which point he brought me flowers and balloons with my name on them for my birthday. Too bad he is in Cali now and I am not. Man, if only there were more guys like him.