2013 Sub-19 5K (Read 1932 times)

Runner100

-

Ok, I'm in too.  I haven't been racing recently but next year all of that is going to change.  Smile

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Sign me up.  First attempt will be Dec 15th 2012.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Strict WTF adherent

NACN! Good to see a familiar face here.

There a race here in NJ in May that I'm looking at as an initial goal 5k. I placed second OA there last year and have a score to settle. But they haven't posted a date yet.

Sign me up.  First attempt will be Dec 15th 2012.

If you go in relaxed, you will get it on the first shot. 

Good luck, everyone! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

If you go in relaxed, you will get it on the first shot. 

Good luck, everyone! 

No kidding.  With your training and marathon fitness, stadjak, it's in the bag if you don't go out like a lunatic.

Then you just have to get it done again in 2013.  Rules of the thread.  

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

Hey McBen! Good to see you here as well post RWOL. 

I'll be testing my 5K fitness on 12/15. Don't expect to go sub 19 then, but I'd like to get as close as possible. Then the real work will start come January. 

Post Asthma Era PRs: 5K--18:39 (Mar 2016), 10K--39:40 (Feb 2018), HM--1:28:04 (Jan 2017), MAR--2:59:12 (November 2017)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

No kidding.  With your training and marathon fitness, stadjak, it's in the bag if you don't go out like a lunatic.

Damn, well there goes that plan.

Damn, well there goes that plan.

It's been my problem in almost every 5K I've ever done.  I'm trying to learn to respect the distance the way I do in longer races, but my Idiot Modetm turns on at every 5K start line.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

In.  Planned to do this in 2012 but ended up doing longer stuff instead.  19:28 as the startpoint.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Walk-Jogger

Tossing my hat in this ring too. I've been under 19:00 three times in the past year or so, and PR'ed last April with 18:22, but I've lost a lot of ground since then, after taking 4 months off from running due to foot and ankle problems. Solved those with orthotics and Sole inserts, and just getting going again since October. I couldn't break 20 today if I had to, but I'm headed back in the right direction. I'll turn 58 in March, so hoping to do it after that just for the extra age-graded ego-boost... 

Oh, and I'm Cecil, also another RW refugee. I'm mostly a lurker and not much a chatter. 

Retired &  Loving It

I'll turn 58 in March, so hoping to do it after that just for the extra age-graded ego-boost... 

As a side bet, so to speak, we should have an age-graded league for 5k times....

markdaddio

Ok, I may be a bit too far out to get there in 2013, but I have always been up for a challenge.  47 year old male, started running in april of this year, previously having run cross country in high school about 30 years ago.   Anyways last race I just ran a 21:27 at a Thanksgiving 5k, so probably sub 20 for next year would be a worthy goal, but as they say,  "If you are gonna go, may as well go big!" 

Anyways, put me in, I'll give it a go.  Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

As a side bet, so to speak, we should have an age-graded league for 5k times....

Agreed.  I'd suggest you get to claim the maximum age you'll be this year -- so B-days don't foul up the list.  Put me down for 40yo.

Also would be nice if we keep track of people who have  never been under 19 before.  Count me as one of those.

Agreed.  I'd suggest you get to claim the maximum age you'll be this year -- so B-days don't foul up the list.  Put me down for 40yo.

Also would be nice if we keep track of people who have  never been under 19 before.  Count me as one of those.

I will be 48 in 2013, and have never been sub-19.