2017 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 487 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

FSBD

stuck

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Okay, got the letter this afternoon.  I'm in. 

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yay!

doctorjen

Fantastic!

xhristopher

Announced. 2 minutes, 9 seconds under BQ to get in.

Finance Guy

My entry was accepted on the first day (BQ-36:00). However, my wife made it in today with only a BQ-2:07. Wonder if there is a small cushion around the announced -2:09 standard. She may have been the last one accepted.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I'm out with a -1:49.

Julia1971

I'm out with a -1:49.

Did you mean "in"?  The cut-off was roughly 2:09.  Or, were you an addition 1:49 off the cut-off?

Ric-G

Did you mean "in"?  The cut-off was roughly 2:09.  Or, were you an addition 1:49 off the cut-off?

It's a no go...but I could be wrong.

marathon pr - 3:16

rmcj001

Mpls Laker didn't get in. He ran a 3:13:11 and the BQ standard for 40-44 males is 3:15:00 - so, his time (-1:49) wasn't accepted.

Ray

Julia1971

It's a no go...but I could be wrong.

Mpls Laker didn't get in. He ran a 3:13:11 and the BQ standard for 40-44 males is 3:15:00 - so, his time (-1:49) wasn't accepted.

Thanks!  Now that I've had a good night's sleep, numbers make sense again.

Sorry, Mpls Laker.  Sad  Count me among the people who hate this current registration method where running a BQ doesn't mean you get in.

Dreamn

My entry was accepted on the first day (BQ-36:00). However, my wife made it in today with only a BQ-2:07. Wonder if there is a small cushion around the announced -2:09 standard. She may have been the last one accepted.

Well that's interesting.  Is her name on the entry list?  I know a -2:07 who definitely did not make it.

KMB

I'm in. 5th Boston. Hansons. Shooting for 3:20 which will be bq - 5.  Im not passionate either way about the current policy... seems like a small mental leap to individually adjust what you need to get to get in.  I'm 2-1 vs the cut so I have seen both sides.

Julia1971

I'm in. 5th Boston. Hansons. Shooting for 3:20 which will be bq - 5.  Im not passionate either way about the current policy... seems like a small mental leap to individually adjust what you need to get to get in.  I'm 2-1 vs the cut so I have seen both sides.

Congrats!  And, I may log stalk you this winter since sub-3:20 is my ultimate goal.