Rucking (Read 1705 times)

JakeKnight

Stop it, I'm getting aroused....
    Strange. With your mom it takes pictures of Barry Manilow. To each his own, I guess. Here you go. Enjoy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Scout7

Strange. With your mom it takes pictures of Barry Manilow. To each his own, I guess.
      Better than Globule's mom, who gets aroused at the sight of a donkey.

The Greatest of All Time

This thread is going to give me nightmares. I was an RTO for a long time and had to hump an ancient PRC-77 with KY-57 and all that crap. No wonder I have big legs.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Scout7

This thread is going to give me nightmares. I was an RTO for a long time and had to hump an ancient PRC-77 with KY-57 and all that crap. No wonder I have big legs.
          Sweet! And yes, I'm old enough to know what those things are.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Better than Globule's mom, who gets aroused at the sight of a donkey.
            I'm just stunned that a thread involving primarily Scout and JK took this long before it devolved into a mom joke. And then went right back on topic thanks to Marcus. Amazing!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Sometimes I awake at night in a cold sweat thinking I heard the beep caused by a KY-57 from someone keying their handset. Ugh. I remember those damn cables breaking all the time. All that Vietnam era commo gear was so damn old (just like the old M-60's that couldn't fire 20 rounds without jamming). They were just coming out with Singars (sp?) when I got out. Now, those were high speed with the frequency jumping and what not. Now they have GPS and laptops. Why, I remember back when we had to land nav by terrain recognition, a compass, and pace counting. Those were the days. I bet they don't even make sand tables any more. Probably use Google earth.
              I'm just stunned that a thread involving primarily Scout and JK took this long before it devolved into a mom joke. And then went right back on topic thanks to Marcus. Amazing!
              Sorry to disappoint. Haven't been in a mom jokes mood lately.

Scout7

Sometimes I awake at night in a cold sweat thinking I heard the beep caused by a KY-57 from someone keying their handset. Ugh. I remember those damn cables breaking all the time. All that Vietnam era commo gear was so damn old (just like the old M-60's that couldn't fire 20 rounds without jamming). They were just coming out with Singars (sp?) when I got out. Now, those were high speed with the frequency jumping and what not.
                A) I liked the -60. Still do. I can probably still break it down and reassemble it... B) SINCGARS - Single Channel Ground / Air Radio System (yeah, that's from memory).
                Now they have GPS and laptops. Why, I remember back when we had to land nav by terrain recognition, a compass, and pace counting. Those were the days. I bet they don't even make sand tables any more. Probably use Google earth.
                I still used my compass. I actually bought one, with the tritium. Because I'm geeky like that. I might still have my sand table kit somewhere, too. I do know I have all my reports laminated in a small three-ring binder, with the appropriate alcohol pens. Last time I was at the beach, I was measuring the distance between lifeguard towers by pace count, in order to determine how far we had walked. I'm beyond weird.
                  I've carried one. And I'm not old. I'M NOT OLD!!!!! The Canadian Army is just a little slower in buying new stuff by times.
                  Scout7

I've carried one. And I'm not old. I'M NOT OLD!!!!! The Canadian Army is just a little slower in buying new stuff by times.
                    Uh huh.
                    JakeKnight

Wait. Canada has an army? I love how educational this place is. Every day I learn something new and exciting.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Scout7

Wait. Canada has an army? I love how educational this place is. Every day I learn something new and exciting.
                        They even have a navy:

The Greatest of All Time

A) I liked the -60. Still do. I can probably still break it down and reassemble it... B) SINCGARS - Single Channel Ground / Air Radio System (yeah, that's from memory). I still used my compass. I actually bought one, with the tritium. Because I'm geeky like that. I might still have my sand table kit somewhere, too. I do know I have all my reports laminated in a small three-ring binder, with the appropriate alcohol pens. I'm beyond weird.
                          The 60 (Pig) was a great weapon but the ones we had just jammed all the time. I remember having to hump all the damn AG gear one time because the AG was a puss. There is no way to throw all that crap on or in a ruck and have it balanced. I hated the SAW because they were a bitch to clean. Great weapon though. For pace counting I had Ranger beads on my LBE. Anything I had laminated went in my K-pot. When I was in basic training at Ft. Benning we still had the old steel piss pots with the helmet liners. Now that's old school.

Non ducor, duco.

Yup. It's on my must-do list. And definitely with a pack. And combat boots. No sissy Asics for this one. It looks freaking miserable awesome.
                            Oh this is the coolest race! I used to live down there and watched (too chicken) lots of people do it. You should go a few days early and play in the sand. Not that Marines do that or anything.

Non ducor, duco.

Never mind Big grin

The Greatest of All Time

They even have a navy:
                                Is that a Ma-deuce on that thing? I would call that a Red Neck Bass Master