2014 Flying Pig Marathon (Read 98 times)

Moe Fasta

Well, I've signed up for my first marathon at Flying Pig, Cincinatti, Ohio.

Anybody else from RA going to be there? 

- Scott

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig - 09/20 Air Force - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

I won't be there for 2014, but this year it was my first ever marathon.  Was a really great event for me.

Kind of crazy that I'm also prepping for my first 5k of the year tomorrow and my goal is a 21:30 as well.

Good luck!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:48:09; HM 1:43:26; 10K 44:51; 5K 21:27

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

It's on my "bucket list" of races, for reasons I can't put my finger on.

But not this year.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Running Chick

flying pig?????  i just saw the topic, have no idea what race this is, but it made me laugh.  i'm gonna look it up now!  thanks for cracking me up.

Moe Fasta

I won't be there for 2014, but this year it was my first ever marathon.  Was a really great event for me.

Kind of crazy that I'm also prepping for my first 5k of the year tomorrow and my goal is a 21:30 as well.

Good luck!

Thanks! A good luck on your 5k.

- Scott

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig - 09/20 Air Force - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Moe Fasta

flying pig?????  i just saw the topic, have no idea what race this is, but it made me laugh.  i'm gonna look it up now!  thanks for cracking me up.

I hear it is one of the better mid-western races. Plus, got to love a race shirt with a winged pig on it. Smile

- Scott

I did it last spring. It was my 2nd 26.2 I had a blast. Great support, nice route. Have fun.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Imminent Catastrophe

ONe of my favorites, very well-organized, great support, big expo, lots of schwag, and three of my fastest races were at pig. Once you get up that hill at mile 8 it's all down and fast.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 20/21 July 2013

Boston Marathon 21 April 2014

Tahoe Rim Trail 100M 19/20 July 2014

I look my best blurry!

I won't be there but ran the half in 2012 and loved the whole event! It was a surprisingly beautiful course.  I ran the half and then ran back the full course to run a friend in.  It was so much fun!  Skip theSkyline chili though!  BLECK!  Sorry Cincinnati!  I prefer a Primanti's sandwich!  I'll be doing the Pittsburgh Marathon relay that day!

I ran it so I could get the medal with the pig butt on the back. Seriously.

mta: Okay okay, I had 3 friends who also wanted to run it, too.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

I ran it so I could get the medal with the pig butt on the back. Seriously.

mta: Okay okay, I had 3 friends who also wanted to run it, too.

That is a nice medal.  I pretend I'm not influenced by the swag, but...

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

lesliel

spam