I mailed my registration in last week for this.... (Read 692 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

Bighorn Mountain Wild & Scenic Trail Run I'll be going up that canyon and coming back down it about 33 hours later (IHOPEIHOPEIHOPE) in the 100 mile event. I did the 50 mile event there back in 2004 and it was beeeeeaaaaaauuuuuuuutifuuuuuuuuuuuul! Can't wait to get back there. Here's the linky...http://www.bighorntrailrun.com/images/canyon.jpg for those who are curious to know more about it! If anybody wanted to stick a toe in the water at an ultra, the 50K would be an incredible way to get wet! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

You make me so jealous! Maybe in a few more years... Big grin Have a blast!

Roads were made for journeys...

Slow-smooth-fast

Shit me, how the hell do you run for 48 hours? Just had a look at yor log, impressive.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Dog-Love

Well I can't wait to live vicariously through your race report. 2 hours is a long run for me. Have fun...it does look beautiful
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Lynn - I looked at trying it this year, but can't quite fit it in. I hope to make it one of my marathon+ runs I do, maybe my first ultra. I dont' really want to go into Ultra's, but if it gets me into gorgeous places like this, I am willing to try it! Would love it if the web site had a more accurate profile on the route(s), though.
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

Would love it if the web site had a more accurate profile on the route(s), though.
              There is actually a lot of profile detail (downloadable spreadsheet/graph format) on the 100 mile part of the website. All of the races are run on some part of the 100 mile course, so you can get an idea of the profile of your race that way. You should have plenty of beautiful trail races to choose from. Auburn is close to being the trail running mecca! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

that looks like a lot of fun! I'm jealous of that view. Wink

Jennifer mm#1231

You should have plenty of beautiful trail races to choose from. Auburn is close to being the trail running mecca! Lynn B
                  Surprisingly, although there are tons of trails in this area, and most are easily accessible, there really aren't many trail races in the area. In fact, I can think of only about 4 or 5 - and only 1 of those is less than 26.2 in length! At least I can train on one of the Trails of all rrails - the WS100, of course; hard to get any tougher than that! And portions of it are gorgeous, as I imagine Big Horn will be. Someday.....
                  Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Crazy man. But we like the cwazies around here! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay