smoke free (Read 1680 times)

Feeling the growl again

all three of us really wanted to quit.    

I think this is a common theme with most any addiction.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Congratulations to everyone who has kicked smoking.  What a 'plus' in life - replace cigarette smoking with running. 

all three of us really wanted to quit.    

This. I smoked until I didn't want to anymore. I didn't use any drugs or nicotine replacement. I went cold turkey and met the withdrawal head-on and said "F#@K you!" to it. I got mad at it. Lighting up a cig again would be weak. Not that there's anything wrong with other treatments - whatever works. The point is that I had to want to do it. I didn't even keep track of the date. I can't remember the date or even exactly how many years it's been. I made it that unimportant to me. 

Nader, have your family watch the movie "Dead Again" Big grin Smoking through a tracheostemy tube is stomach turning. And I loved Robin Williams' character, Cozy Carlisle:

COZY CARLISLE: Mr. Church?
        MIKE CHURCH: Yeah?
        COZY CARLISLE: Someone is either a smoker or a non-smoker, there's no in-between. The trick is to find out which one you are and be that.
        MIKE CHURCH: Well, you know, I'm trying to quit.
        COZY CARLISLE: Don't tell me you're trying to quit. People who're trying to quit are basically pussies who cannot commit. Find out which one you are. Be that. That's it. If you're a non-smoker, you'll know.

7 months and going strong. Come on St Jude Marathon!
          Slo

7 months and going strong. Come on St Jude Marathon!

The hardest part is long behind you. Congrats!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The hardest part is long behind you. Congrats!

yes! and well doneSmile

steph  

"run" "2" "eat"

the thing that finally helped me quit smoking was skoal.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Snuff did the trick for me.