Run the Boston Marathon this April! (Read 411 times)

MassEyeAndEar

The Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary is currently recruiting on its marathon team for participation in the 2013 Boston Marathon.

On Monday, April 15, lace up your sneakers and run the 2013 Boston Marathon with Mass. Eye and Ear! You will raise hope and bring a healthier future for everywhere who suffer from debilitating conditions affecting sight, hearing, voice, balance, taste and smell, and cancers of the eye, head and neck.

You will have access to an exclusive marathon training program, race day amenities, and team celebratory events.

Since 2006, Team Eye and Ear has raised more than $1.8 million for research and patient care at Mass. Eye and Ear.  In 2013, the 50 members of Team Eye and Ear aim to raise more than $400,000.  A minimum fundraising commitment is required.

Be part of something big!  Join us today.  Learn more and apply today at http://www.MassEyeAndEar.org/marathon, by calling 617-573-6364, or emailing marathon@meei.harvard.edu

"A minimum fundraising commitment is required."

Let's be direct!  How much?  (I do plan on doing Boston someday, and I will probably need to get in on a charity slot because my times don't get me registration via other methods, but lay it out there what the ballpark figure is pls :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xor

From their site (click the linky in their post)....

Team Requirements for "Invitational Entry" Runners

Invitational Entry runners do not have to meet the time requirements set by the BAA. 

• Raise a minimum of $5,000 by May 15, 2013 to support Mass. Eye and Ear or pay the balance in full yourself. While the required minimum is set at $5,000 per runner, additional consideration will be given to those runners who are willing to commit to a higher fundraising goal.  Our 2013 team goal is to raise an average of $7,500 per runner.
        • Submit a non-refundable $100 deposit and credit card number upon acceptance to the team. This deposit will apply toward your fundraising goal.
        • Pay a $300 Boston Athletic Association (BAA) race application fee in addition to the fundraising minimum.
        • 18 years of age or older by April 15, 2013
        • Capable of running a marathon in less than six (6) hours

an amazing likeness

..duplicate of srl's post...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

jinx

I'm going to go the "additional consideration" route. See y'all in Boston!

I was afraid of that level.  500 I can do (Such as for JFK-50 to get a 2 hr earlier start), but 5,000 is out of my budget for one race.  While I am huge on supporting a couple select charities personally, I am one of those folks unable to ask others for charity money in order for me to run a race.

Hope I am not being too gruff in saying that the OP could just post: #1 what the committment level needed is, and #2, not post three different duplicate posts of the same thing.  Seems like they are not considering the forum when they post multiple posts here....

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

I was totally kidding. I am usually totally kidding.