Make up and racing (Read 645 times)

Foundation would just sweat off. I do however, wear mascara and at least chap stick at all times. This includes labor. DH laughed at me too so go ahead. I wanted to look good in the photos's. I have seen the women at the gym full makeup, lipstick the whole deal. They don't sweat it off because it is impossible to sweat off your makeup when you only spend 10 minutes on the machine.
    rlemert

Are people bothered by other people that run without a shirt?
      I'm usually amazed that they can stand it during our late-season (i.e. what passes for winter here) races. (There are two things I don't like about races. They're usually too bleepen' early, and they're usually too cold for me. I'm not a morning person, nor am I from Minnesota.) Sad

Bugs

This avatar is after 5K fall with makeup on. I feel more comfortable with it on, and the mascara brings out my eyes. As long as you don't look like a racoon I don't see what the big deal is. MTA: I am from Minnesota.

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

I dont wear makeup when I am NOT running, so I wouldnt likely wear it when I do. Maybe I should try.... Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I dont wear makeup when I am NOT running, so I wouldnt likely wear it when I do. Maybe I should try.... Big grin
            I tried one day. It was too much work.

Best Present Ever

same with me! I didn't wear make up for my own wedding, so i can't quite see putting it on to race. I try to remember some sunscreen, but often don't bother. I do wear chapstick, esp in the winter, and moisturizer when it's really cold.
                I ran the Hartford 1/2 marathon last week and I noticed there were a few women that raced with make up on. I don't ever remember seeing that before. Is that unusual or do most women wear make for a race?
                Nothing wrong for the ladies who want to look good. It is a personal choice. Many female Olympians did put on make up for their races. They need to look good in order to receive bigger endorsement deals.