RoadID (Read 860 times)

MoBramExam

Wife got me the RoadID wrist strap for Valentine's Day.  (1st time she bought me jewelry since high school).  Never run without it.  Even wear it sometimes when not running.

I typed the info into word processor, printed out in about 8 point font, laminated in plastic (at office), punched holes in each end. Made 3. total cost $0.00. Have been using for months including running in the rain with no problem. Can also find clear adhesive lamination sheets if you don't have a machine. Easy to customize what is on them.

Crash

I have used the RoadID wrist "thing" for years now. I'm on my 2nd one (phone numbers changed), and I like it pretty well. I rarely take it off, and most of the digital photos my family has include it on my wrist during the photos. In fact, I recommend taking the thing off if you are going to be in a photo because the reflective bands illuminate when the camera flash lights !

-Chris

http://www.runningafterdaylight.com

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I use the one that attaches to my shoe... which is fine unless my shoes go flying if/when I get nailed (and shoes-a-flyin isn't super uncommon).

I like the shoe attachment as well. They work great and I find them less annoying than something on my wrist.

If I lose my shoes in an accident, I figure that my ID is the least of my worries.

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Baby bean!

I got a slide on dog tag from an online dog tag company.  It cost about $6 and slides on just like the road id. 

I also just saw vita id.  They are also wrist ones and you write down the info rather then get it printed.

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

will run for popsicles

i was in the emergency room once when a jane doe came in who had been hit in an intersection while running. i've worn one ever since. i just figure it's like the one time you drive without license and get pulled over syndrome. as long as you run with an id, you'll never get squashed. just a theory.
              Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I typed the info into word processor, printed out in about 8 point font, laminated in plastic (at office), punched holes in each end. Made 3. total cost $0.00. Have been using for months including running in the rain with no problem. Can also find clear adhesive lamination sheets if you don't have a machine. Easy to customize what is on them.

I was too cheap to even get the laminating sheets so I used clear packing tape. Has survived rain and sweat so far...and even when it dies, it is basically $0 to redo.

TRUST THE PROCESS