TurboTax (Read 425 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does anybody know how I can download my 2007 .tax file from TurboTax online? I need it to make a 2007 amendment without rekeying everything. The online help files are not helpful, and there is no customer service person I can call.

Feeling the growl again

Try this.

It appears to vary based upon which version you did it on.  I just logged in and looked at it and could view back to 2009.  We used TurboTax before that as well, so I am not sure why I cannot see back further.  I always back up my tax files in a couple places for this reason.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nope. That only lets you download a .pdf version. The .pdf version cannot be loaded into TurboTax to make an amendment.

Feeling the growl again

Nope. That only lets you download a .pdf version. The .pdf version cannot be loaded into TurboTax to make an amendment.

My bad.  In that case I am not much help.  With all the software updates etc I would speculate that what you want to do may not be possible.

Really??  They have no help number you can call to deal with this?  I find that a bit concerning.

MTA:  Amending returns.  Trying to amend a 2007 return seems to be a more complicated issue.  Perhaps you already know more about this than me.  I doubt turbotax is going to make this easy for you.  Sorry to be useless.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, cannot do it online. Have to pay for and download the software AND then get your .tax file (which is a data file). The pay for download, well that is easy. Getting the data file is not. NOW they tell me I should download my data file every year. Yeah. Now they tell me.

Feeling the growl again

NOW they tell me I should download my data file every year. Yeah. Now they tell me.

Now I need to check.  I am not sure how I do the backup.  Good to know.