Athlinks redesign (Read 409 times)

Any idea how to add the marathon leg of the Challenge Atlantic City 140.6 relay held on June 29th in Atlantic City?  When I key in that race name Athlinks says it does not exist.  My DD did the 2.4 mile swim and 112 bike portions and I did the marathon portion.

bluerun

Super B****

Any idea how to add the marathon leg of the Challenge Atlantic City 140.6 relay held on June 29th in Atlantic City?  When I key in that race name Athlinks says it does not exist.  My DD did the 2.4 mile swim and 112 bike portions and I did the marathon portion.

AFAIK, Athlinks doesn't currently support relay options.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

AFAIK, Athlinks doesn't currently support relay options.

Ok, thanks.  Guess my stats will just show 19 marathons instead of including this latest.  it would be nice if there were some way to indicate the marathon leg just for "completeness" of the record.

delicate flower

Ok, thanks.  Guess my stats will just show 19 marathons instead of including this latest.  it would be nice if there were some way to indicate the marathon leg just for "completeness" of the record.

I've done several triathlon relays, inclduing two 70.3 relays, doing the run each time.  There is no way to claim just the run.  You can claim the entire relay if they are posted.

<3

But once I get past, "hey that's kind of neat" I'm not really clear on the intended use case for Athlinks.

I had a few uses in mind.  But most don't seem to work.  So I end up back in that same place.

For example, they have this "find a race" thing.  It sounds good.  I can search a different area and find a race of a certain length within a certain time period.  I can see how many people entered and check past finish times.  It sounds cool... but every time I try it fails to work properly.  I try to limit the search to 25 miles and I get races from 100 miles away.  And the list misses probably 90% of the races I know of that should have popped up.  But every time I notify them I get a message back that it is resolved.  When I respond to that it says something along the lines of "well, we know the search doesn't work but we're fixing it and keep checking!".

So I'm left with lame uses... like searching for finish times of well known people or people I've lost touch with.

It used to (and perhaps still does) have a Rivals section which would show people who had been in x number of the same races with you and how your times compared.  Other than that, it just seems to be a list of races in which one has participated.  I do find it hard to navigate and performance leaves something to be desired.