back to running.. (Read 578 times)

well after taking 1/2 of june and all of July off I am finally back to running. My excuse is pretty pathetic too--my mp3 player broke and i couldnt fathom running without it. i just used that as an excuse. so this past week i finally got back into the groove and put in an 18 mile week. not too bad for only beginning running in april, then taking off about 6 weeks. i forgot how great it feels to finish a run. what a rush it is to accomplish something you never thought you could. today I did 4 miles, and it was tough, i ran slow, but I am following the halhigdon 1/2 marathon training and hopefully I can keep it up. oh and I splurged and bought a garmin...what a great motivating tool! I found a good deal on amazon and I couldnt pass it up, I am a sucker for gagets! ok now i am rambling but just wanted to post how much i really missed running and how happy I am that I am back!

Idiot

Welcome back to the road. Keep up the good work.

I decided that if I'm going to call myself a runner, I should probably run.

Great job!

madness baby

It's great to read that. It makes me want to go out for a run! Smile thanks for sharing
          deb
            That's awesome. Welcome back to the obsession!!!! Evil grin
            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
              Welcome back, Kerry!!! Wink It does feel good to re-start. Today, I started running again following a 9 month layoff. Thought it would be slow and painful but it wasn't bad at all. During my 30 years or so of doing this dance, I have found that some time off once in a while is good for the bod. (I do replace it with other exercise, particularly long, fast walking several times a week.) By building sabbaths into my schedule every so often I really think has helped to keep nagging injuries away.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Hey K Big grin Good to see you on RA Smile
                2009: BQ?