Cannot save workouts to RA (Read 306 times)

Are you a Heartosaurus?

Hi. I love RunningAhead, nothing compares. I've slowly learned how to use the wealth of tools available but I've had an issue for the past couple days. Normally I can simply upload my workouts from my Garmin to RA and then save them to my training log. For about the past week when I click on "Save" to running ahead the site seems to time out, and I get a message saying there was an error and the administrator was notfified.

What gives? Can you help? I have 3 workouts now that I've not been able to upload. This happened right after I did my first bike workout. Is there an issue with uploading bike workouts? I've only uploaded my runs up to this point. Please help Smile

Heartosaurusnoun [heart-o-sau-rus] 1. An inspiring online reference for open heart surgery patients. 2. A heart patient with an inextinguishable desire not merely to survive, but to live life to its fullest. 3. A doctor, caregiver, or anyone who makes a profound difference to the cause.

eric :)

Benjamin,

When you save an imported workout, one of the things the server does is match the imported workout with your planned workouts.  There seems to be a bug in this area.  I am looking into it now.

eric Smile

Are you a Heartosaurus?

Interesting. I suppose that's why the one time I uploaded a run that was close in distance to something in my training plan I saw that the system actually struck out the text in the workout to show it was completed? That's pretty cool, but I guess it would be best to still show uploaded workouts even if they don't match the training plan. Thanks Eric for the prompt response. Looking forward to getting my outstanding workouts uploaded. 

Regards,

Benjamin

Heartosaurusnoun [heart-o-sau-rus] 1. An inspiring online reference for open heart surgery patients. 2. A heart patient with an inextinguishable desire not merely to survive, but to live life to its fullest. 3. A doctor, caregiver, or anyone who makes a profound difference to the cause.

eric :)

Benjamin,

The problem is fixed.  The system will always match the completed workouts with scheduled ones, even if the distances aren't close.  This is to handle the situation where you scheduled a long run this past weekend but ended up running only a few miles because of the heat.  The scheduled workout will still be marked as completed even though it was not what you planned.

The second piece of the training plan function is to allow you to compare completed and scheduled workouts.  I haven't gotten to it yet mostly because I don't know what it should look like.  Once the second piece goes in, then what you're seeing now will make more sense.

eric Smile