RUN INTO TRAFFIC!!! (Read 1067 times)

So every time you drive, do you ask yourself if this is the day the car is gonna crash? 'Cuz that's way more likely. Tongue
    Not really. My husband just got his pilot license. Long story.....

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*snerk* Hey, look at your avatar: it's Steve McGarret (Or is it Felix Leiter?) Book 'em, Danno!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

*snerk* Hey, look at your avatar: it's Steve McGarret (Or is it Felix Leiter?) Book 'em, Danno!
        True story. When I was a kid, I used to kiss the tv when 5-0 came on. Right as Mcgarret turned around to face the camera.

- Anya

Giant Flaming Dork

Oh, do tell! (I've been considering getting mine for a lifetime (or close enough to it)

http://xkcd.com/621/

Oh, do tell! (I've been considering getting mine for a lifetime (or close enough to it)
            Well, his father is a retired commerical pilot. Well, he's in his seventies, and has bought a small plane. Wonderful!! My husband , who already road races ( motorcycles ) is learning to fly from Dad. I hate tiny airplanes. He wants to do a cross country camping thing. YOu know., like boating. You fly to a location, get a transient slip, and camp out, etc etc. I trust my father in law, but DH is still learning. Very scary. The airplane is a two seater, very tiny. But, you can rent airplanes all over. How weird is that? sorry I don't have anymore details. I am resisiting this latest "hobby" .... Evil grin

- Anya

I make only one exception to the "into traffic" rule: hills. I'm always afraid that some idiot will come careening over the hill just as I'm cresting it. It makes me nervous.
              Not sure I understand the logic here. If you run on the right side of the road approaching a hill, the traffic behind you can't move over because of the possibility of other traffic coming over the hill. Even the steepest hill still offers plenty of time to avoid a bad situation unlike turning your back on traffic. Since you are standing you'll see oncoming traffic long before they see you. Tom

Imminent Catastrophe

True story. When I was a kid, I used to kiss the tv when 5-0 came on. Right as Mcgarret turned around to face the camera.
                Best TV theme song EVER!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Best TV theme song EVER!
                  Yes, sir!! And besides Captain Kirk, the sexiest retro leading man !!!

- Anya

Not sure I understand the logic here. If you run on the right side of the road approaching a hill, the traffic behind you can't move over because of the possibility of other traffic coming over the hill. Even the steepest hill still offers plenty of time to avoid a bad situation unlike turning your back on traffic. Since you are standing you'll see oncoming traffic long before they see you. Tom
                    No - the hills are too steep for you or the drivers coming towards you to see over. If they are riding the fog line (white line on the right side of the road) or even closer to the edge of the road, you could be in trouble. By crossing the road to go with traffic, at least you are aware if any cars are coming from behind. Once at the top of the hill, when you can see both directions (hopefully) (if you're not on a sharp curve), you can cross back to face traffic again.
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado