Delete and replace historical activity (Read 39 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

is there a way to replace historical workouts of a certain activity with a different activity? Basically, I want to consolidate two activities into one by deleting one and moving it to the other.  Thanks

Example, suppose you want to move all Recovery Runs to Easy Runs and get rid of the Recovery Runs activity.

Select: Training Log > Settings > Manage My Activities > Run

From here, select the Recovery activity for which you want to clear out. Then select Delete. If there are any historical workouts under this activity, RA will prompt you to select which activity to which they should be moved. Select Easy, then Delete and Save.

I intend to live forever . . . or die trying.

an amazing likeness

Excellent summary Teger.   A quick note for clarity -- the steps you highlight will work for moving workout type to a new workout type, ie:

Activity = Run, Type = MediumFast can be changed to:  Activity = Run, Type = MediumFaster with the steps you noted.

What I interpret wolvmar wanting to do is something like:

Activity = Run, Type = Easy  change all these entries to Activity = Jog, Type = Easy

If it's the first, your steps are spot on and the log will handle it.  If the need is as I've read the question, I can't think of a quick solution without extracting the data, delete the activity (which will delete the associated workouts), then re-import the workouts under the 'go-forward' activity.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Milktruck, great observation. At this point I guess we will have to let Wolvmar tell us.

I intend to live forever . . . or die trying.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Excellent summary Teger.   A quick note for clarity -- the steps you highlight will work for moving workout type to a new workout type, ie:

Activity = Run, Type = MediumFast can be changed to:  Activity = Run, Type = MediumFaster with the steps you noted.

What I interpret wolvmar wanting to do is something like:

Activity = Run, Type = Easy  change all these entries to Activity = Jog, Type = Easy

If it's the first, your steps are spot on and the log will handle it.  If the need is as I've read the question, I can't think of a quick solution without extracting the data, delete the activity (which will delete the associated workouts), then re-import the workouts under the 'go-forward' activity.

the second, delete and replace an activity, is what I want to do. I may just have to stick with what I have...not a big thing, just wanted to standardize some stuff.  Thank you for the advice and guidance. Would have been a bummer to have messed it up on my own!