Arch pain (Read 42 times)

Tx State

Hi everyone! I am having some trouble with arch pain and my shoes. I have ran in GTS 18s for two years tried switching to GTS 20s but they kill my arches. Traded them in for some Hyperion tempos and same issues. I put on my Nike zoom winflo 5s and can run for days with no foot pain. I supinate slightly a long with having pretty flat arches. I was wondering if y’all could suggest a shoe that might help me. I was thinking Saucony endorphin Speed’s but since they are comparable to the tempos I don’t know. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

So if you run in Hyperion today you will have pain and tomorrow run in Zoom Winflo you have ZERO pain? If so I would start with trying newer version of Winflo.

SMART Approach Training - Run Injury Free. www.smartapproachtraining.com

Tx State

I was thinking about one of these

Saucony endorphin speed

Hoka one one rincon

Nike pagans turbo 2

Nike zoom fly 3

what do you think?

Probably the total switch to new shoes. You gotta work them into your rotation, run once in them and then not again for a few days at least, gradually running more often in them. Best way to avoid these aches and pains is to have at least 3 pairs of shoes in rotation, and never run in the same pair two days in a row.

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tx State

Iv been trying to ease in to them but no matter Rhode light or short I run I get a crazy amount of pain. Iv never head this issue with a shoe before.

try putting the insoles from the shoes that feel comfortable in them and see what happens.

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Tx State

I did that on Friday and unfortunately still had pain.

Why not stick with the Zoom Winflo if it works for you?

SMART Approach Training - Run Injury Free. www.smartapproachtraining.com

Tx State

I am going to train in them until I find a shoe I’m loo king for I just feel like they aren’t exactly what I am looking for.