first 10 miler (Read 778 times)

I've been running for nearly 2.5 years now, and this morning was my first double digit run! Feels great to finally get that milestone under my belt.

De-slacking in progress

GREAT JOB- your first double digit run!!! Now those 5-8 milers seem like a cake walk. You are only 3 miles away from running a half marathon- you'll be there sooner than you think. Each additional mile is just mental- whats just "one more mile"? Nothing but a mere 10-12 mins of running. YOU CAN DO IT !!!! Congrats

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Oh Mighty Wing

AWESOME JOB!!!!
          Nice job! It's great to reach those milestones. Keep up the good work!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

KvnJns

Way to go. Congratulations Big grin

Kevin

redleaf

Very nice! I like the way slaptear put it too!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

way to go -- that's great!

2012= under-goaled

thanks everyone!!! You guys just put a huge smile on my face.
                  KMB

you put the smile there, we just point it out. you deserve several green beers... perhaps 10 or so - maybe 11 - what's one more? Wink
                      Hitting the double digits is a great feeling... congrats to you.

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

There are a lot of milestones in running ---- the first time you run 1 mile without walking....the first time you run 2 miles.....the first time you can run 5 miles.... BUT The first time you run 10 miles is one of the biggest because it pretty much tells you that you can go the longer distances.....all of a sudden a Half Marathon doesn't seem quite so intimidating and you can actually think Marathon without getting an upset stomach.... I think getting 10 for the first time is right up their in the very top echelon of first time accomplishments..... GOOD JOB..... You're doing really well.....WinkWink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Queen of 3rd Place

The first time you run 10 miles is one of the biggest because it pretty much tells you that you can go the longer distances.....all of a sudden a Half Marathon doesn't seem quite so intimidating and you can actually think Marathon without getting an upset stomach....quote> +1! Nice! How did you feel afterwards? I was trashed for the rest of the day after my first 10-miler, got in some real high-quality couch time. Big grin

Ex runner

No doubt. Hitting double digits for the first time makes every race distance seem attainable.
                            “I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz

fanreffic

Congrats. It's been 5 years since my first, but still remember it vividly. Shocked It's a hellofa long way the first time. The scary thing is in a few years that will be your rest week!