Asics 2110, 2120, 2130 etc. (Read 1098 times)

I have only used the Nimbus for the last 4 years and I can always get a good 500 miles out of them! They are worth the extra $$$.
    nothing is scarier than rabid squirrels with light sabers...except clowns, clowns are definitely scarier
      Blaine, where'd you find your 2130s so cheap? Olympia?
      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Does time on feet also account for shoe wear? For example, I am slower than many. I run about 12 min/mile on longer runs. So, if I'm on my feet 2 hours for 10 miles, does that cause more shoe wear than someone who runs 10 in 1 hour?

TRUST THE PROCESS

Purdey

Self anointed title

Does time on feet also account for shoe wear? For example, I am slower than many. I run about 12 min/mile on longer runs. So, if I'm on my feet 2 hours for 10 miles, does that cause more shoe wear than someone who runs 10 in 1 hour?
          I don't think it would make a significant difference. The key is probably the number of foot strikes - and this will be (more or less) the same.

Jill_B

I fly.

Another vote for the Gel Nimbus. Expensive, but damn near indestructible. 500+ miles, everytime.
            I wear the nimbus (outside) and I don't get that many miles out of them. I wear the 2xxx series on my treadmill and that seems to extend the life of them a little.

Bring it on.

Cryptic

If you can find the NB 1061 they come in orange and a couple other colors but definitely in orange. It is a good shoe.

Blaine, where'd you find your 2130s so cheap? Olympia?
                Yeah, I got them at Olympia, but they were full retail - 20% off coupon - $47 gift card. So not super cheap if you don't have the coupon or gift card.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I got a pair of Pearl Izumis free online (thanks to a tip from a gal in the Ladies Locker Room) and love them so far. I switched back to my 2130s Tuesday (with inserts in them), and had a horrible run. What bothers me about them is that they seem to put a lot of pressure on my arches. It feels like there's a hill in my shoe! Does anyone else feel that way?
                  MoeDog

I've been happy with the last 4 versions of the 21XX series including the 2130's, but I agree, you only get 300-350 miles out of them. I got a little more out of my Kayanos a couple years ago, but I think I might've just been reluctant to retire $140 shoes at 300 miles. Haven't tried the Nimbus, but isn't that more of a cushion shoe than the 21XX series anyway?