34 weeks and still running (Read 1170 times)

Runningsteph117

I'm pregnant with my first child, due October 7th...so I"m almost 34 weeks along, and i'm still running...albeit very very slow, but whatever...still managing around 15 miles/week!  woohoo.

A Saucy Wench

awesome!  Recovery will be soooooo much faster.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

FastTalkingFatty

Impressive. 

(I didn't mean to quote ennay)

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

I think there should be some special award or medal for you.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

incredible!

Imminent Catastrophe

I thought running made your uterus fall out.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

satkinson

Pregnant with number 2, doing half ironman in 2 weeks (I'll be 13 weeks along), and have no intentions of sitting around the rest of the pregnancy. Good for you!

A Saucy Wench

Impressive. 

(I didn't mean to quote ennay)

Why not?  Wink

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Why not?  Wink

Because she gets all weird about it.

Good for you.  With my first, I was running up to the day before I gave birth (a nice 5 miler).  I fully believe it made those last weeks of pregnancy when so many struggle much easier for me.  Absolutely will be doing it next time around, too.  So good for you and the baby.
                        Wow - you are so lucky. I was almost 12 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. My body just wouldn't run - I can't describe it any other way. I walked consistantly through the pregnancy but as soon as I tried a running gait - nada.

I agree with the comments that it will make your recovery so much faster. And the birth easier.

I thought running made your uterus fall out.

No - repeated pregnancies too close together does that!

Slice

That's awesome! I stopped running with my first early on b/c we were afraid the shaking may be bad on the baby. I've now learned it's no problem and I hope I can run as long as you with our 2nd. I walked every day of my pregnancy and it definitely made my delivery and recovery much easier. Good luck!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow - I could never do that! Wink

Jill_B

I fly.

Great job!  Go get a running stroller now so you'll be able to bring the baby when it comes!  Smile

(I ran SLOWLY during my 1st pregnancy up until I gave birth and even SLOWER during my 2nd - until I was forced to stop by my doctor).

Bring it on.