Any La Jolla 1/2 marathon survivors out there? (Read 639 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I was humbled and I think I lost a few pounds. So it was kinda like a religous experience of sorts. Except for the cussing I did going up the last hill. The damage was 2:07. My PR is 1:51. Still I beat one of the 25 year old guys in the office by 40 minutes, not bad for a 41 year old mother of two. There will be other races... Anyone up for sharing?
    Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      kudos to you and anyone else for guttin this one out!!! I was there...my first time as a spectator. I was about 1/2 from the end of the Torrey Pines climb. On a good day anyone would be spent at that point but yesterday it was worse. Most people were downright miserable. I was waiting to get pictures of my friend and she was about 30min off pace. Sad I ran the AFC last year but I think this was even worse. It was 92 when I got back to my car...last year I ran this race and it was 52 at the start. Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

Congratulations on finishing the 1/2! The heat was horrible, and I wasn't even running (just lounging on the beach at North Island! Wink ). Did you hear about/read about the male top finisher being DQ'ed?
        Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
          Did you hear about/read about the male top finisher being DQ'ed?
          again this year? Confused I remember last year the winner was DQ'd because his bib was registered to a 40yo woman in Point Loma. Tongue Why was this year's winner dq'd?

Jennifer mm#1231

my pr is 1 38, last years time was 1 42, this years time 1 49 my placing was similar to last year. Brutally hot. My friends had a similar experiecne http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20080429-9999-1s29ljhalf.html explains the winner. The runners have a good point - why not transfer, it is ridiculous, evveryone just sign the waiver.
            Lisa3.1

You did great nonetheless. I was in north san diego for a year and a half. I used to go to lj beach a lot -- beautiful there.
                again this year? Confused I remember last year the winner was DQ'd because his bib was registered to a 40yo woman in Point Loma. Tongue Why was this year's winner dq'd?
                Sorry..I didn't see this right away. But, here is more on the story--http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20080430-9999-1s30ljhalf.html
                Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."