My first official running success story (Read 953 times)

Thank you everyone. I am deeply appreciative of all your kind words and the very warm welcome.
      Uh oh. Sounds like you're hooked. You're in BIG trouble now... instead of laughing at all those lithe and runnerly freaks nancying about in tight tights through howling blizzards YOU ARE ONE! Congratulations on this milestone, and good luck with NYC. Might see you there...
        Congratulations on your first running accomplishment! I have no doubt that there will be many more to follow! Big grin

Beatin' on the Rock

Thank you everyone. I am deeply appreciative of all your kind words and the very warm welcome.
          "Welcome!", I say to you warmly! Love the story, can't wait for the next chapter... Smile
          Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
          seeEricaRun

Awesome

Congratulations on you first race! It's awful and brutal, but a total blast, isn't it? Don't worry about the shirt thing, it is your right to wear your shirt for the rest of the day for every race you've run - and your right to wear it for a full week for the first race you've run. For your halfs and marathons, the same rules definitely apply to the medals.
            run4fun8910

Thanks for sharing. It is inspiring to read about runners such as your self that prove that you can reach your goals. Let us know how your runs continue and about the next qualifier. Wish I could say see you in New York but I will be a while before I even contemplate a marathon. I tip my hat to you.
              Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn