Scissors (Read 649 times)

Sir Bird

Do you have a favorite brand and do you have different types?

Kalsarikännit

This is a silly question without knowing your specific scissor needs. Cutting hair, making paper snowflakes, stabbing an ex-lover who has jilted you, running by a pool, rose pruning?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Prince of Fatness

This is a silly question without knowing your specific scissor needs.

What makes it even sillier is that this is a running message board, and everyone knows that you shouldn't run with scissors.

Not at it at all. 

I run with Scotch brand scissors. I can usually get about 1600 miles out of them before I need to replace them and I don't carry different types when doing trail running than I use for the road or the track. Unless you already have a few years of training under your belt I would not recommend running with scissors.

This is a silly question without knowing your specific scissor needs. Cutting hair, making paper snowflakes, stabbing an ex-lover who has jilted you, running by a pool, rose pruning?

ftfy :-)

Sir Bird

I really want you guys/gals to feel free and list any/all scissors you use, or want to use.

A Saucy Wench

It can be running related:

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Sir Bird

That's the spirit.

scissors

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Sir Bird

This is inappropriate.
                      LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is inappropriate.

Nope, there are scissors in that picture.

I'm a Fiskars man myself.  They fit my hand well, and I can cut a pretty good distance before they need to be replaced.  I can usually tell when they're worn by the soreness that develops in my hand.

You should totally check out Cutting Warehouse.  The reviews are helpful, and I enthusiastically endorse their ShearFitr utility -- they've measured the contours of every pair of scissors they sell, so you can compare any pair to something else you're familiar with to compare the fit.

If you meant the other kind of scissors, then I recommend THIS ONE.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm a Fiskars man myself.  They fit my hand well, and I can cut a pretty good distance before they need to be replaced.  I can usually tell when they're worn by the soreness that develops in my hand.

You should totally check out Cutting Warehouse.  The reviews are helpful, and I enthusiastically endorse their ShearFitr utility -- they've measured the contours of every pair of scissors they sell, so you can compare any pair to something else you're familiar with to compare the fit.

If you meant the other kind of scissors, then I recommend THIS ONE.

Do you use motion control scissors, or are you a minimalist?

Kalsarikännit

Do you use motion control scissors, or are you a minimalist?

The early cavemen didn't use scissors and neither should you. I personally feel sorry for you suckers that are being duped into buying an unnecessary product by the billion dollar scissor industry. Sure, I used to use scissors, but since I have begun tearing things, my life has never been better.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

an amazing likeness

Sure, I used to use scissors, but since I have begun tearing things, my life has never been better.

Wow....you tear by hand?  How did you start into that -- just cold turkey?  Did do something in between from full scissors and hand tearing, like use a box cutter, or one half of those kitchen shears that come apart at the pivot joint? 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.