Is running unhealthy for women? (Read 250 times)

I've heard that if a woman runs too much her uterus will fall out.

That's why they are not allowed to run marathons.

Wait, what year is this?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Lane

No, not necessary.   Most sunscreens are expensive and contain harmful chemicals.  Where do you get your vitamin D?

Suncreen is necessary if I want to go outside April-September and I know a lot more people that have gotten cancer from the sun than have gotten cancer from sunscreen.  I get my vitamin D from fortified milk.  That's just me.  I respect your choice not to wear sunscreen; we all make risk-weighted decisions based on the best information we have.

If you are interested in reading more, the American Academy of Dermatology wrote this article:

aad.org/sun-protection/is-sunscreen-safe

According to them, two types are recognized as safe, two are recognized as unsafe (and aren't sold in the United States) and the FDA has asked for additional information on twelve; a recent study showed that they are absorbed into the body through the skin but did not necessarily indicate that they were harmful.

Like I said, I have weighed the risks and decided to wear sunscreen.  If you still decide not to, that's cool with me 

berylrunner

Rick

Suncreen is necessary if I want to go outside April-September and I know a lot more people that have gotten cancer from the sun than have gotten cancer from sunscreen.  I get my vitamin D from fortified milk.  That's just me.  I respect your choice not to wear sunscreen; we all make risk-weighted decisions based on the best information we have.

If you are interested in reading more, the American Academy of Dermatology wrote this article:

aad.org/sun-protection/is-sunscreen-safe

According to them, two types are recognized as safe, two are recognized as unsafe (and aren't sold in the United States) and the FDA has asked for additional information on twelve; a recent study showed that they are absorbed into the body through the skin but did not necessarily indicate that they were harmful.

Like I said, I have weighed the risks and decided to wear sunscreen.  If you still decide not to, that's cool with me 

I never said I don't wear it.   Another poster mentioned always wear it.  To that I replied.

I will read the article.   In the meantime. short doses of sun are perfectly fine.  Otherwise we will just stay indoors on a treadmill.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Literally a bs thing my parents said in the 1980s, from their 1950s misinformation.

I've heard that if a woman runs too much her uterus will fall out.

That's why they are not allowed to run marathons.

Wait, what year is this?

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
          5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Sorry I came to this late, but I have been laughing about it for a few days.

I am 65 and have been running since 1983. My uterus did not fall out but it did stop working. Oddly, every other 65 year old woman's uterus has stopped working, too.

I do use sunscreen but I also need to take a Vitamin D supplement. Oddly, many women who don't run need to take Vitamin D supplements too.

I can't even remember all the other bullshit in your post, but wcrunner said first: thousands of women of all ethnicities have been running for years, well into their 70s and 80s. I knew a woman who ran into her 90s and set records. She died, though. Maybe she shouldn't have run.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

morphex

🤣

Sorry I came to this late, but I have been laughing about it for a few days.

I am 65 and have been running since 1983. My uterus did not fall out but it did stop working. Oddly, every other 65 year old woman's uterus has stopped working, too.

I do use sunscreen but I also need to take a Vitamin D supplement. Oddly, many women who don't run need to take Vitamin D supplements too.

I can't even remember all the other bullshit in your post, but wcrunner said first: thousands of women of all ethnicities have been running for years, well into their 70s and 80s. I knew a woman who ran into her 90s and set records. She died, though. Maybe she shouldn't have run.

On Instagram at https://instagram.com/morphexx

On Twitter at https://twitter.com/blogologue

Blogging at http://blogologue.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Trolls are so entertaining.

My favorite job as a moderator on another site is to mark someone as a troll. Then no one else but him/her and moderators can see the posts.  

Luciplay

that is total BS! it's a myth from, I don't know the early 1900's maybe?

themetcalfehouse

link spam
                      Lane

Thanks for resurrecting this 4-month old, inactive thread to add this insightful and detailed response.  Sometimes it's best to let sleeping threads lie.

that is total BS! it's a myth from, I don't know the early 1900's maybe?

Lane

Lane

And thanks to me for keeping it going 😊