microsoft excel question (Read 356 times)

HermosaBoy

It sounds like you are making things more complicated than they need be.

However, I can't totally follow this just reading formulas, etc.

If I knew the columns (and sample data) in the 323 and 800 lists (are they separate files or separate sheets of the same file?), I might be able to help more.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Gig

Do you have Excel 2010? Microsoft made things like that super easy with the 2010 version.

Highlight both columns of data. From the Home ribbon, choose Conditional Formatting, then Highlight Cells Rules, then Duplicate Values. That's it.

HermosaBoy

Do you have Excel 2010? Microsoft made things like that super easy with the 2010 version.

Highlight both columns of data. From the Home ribbon, choose Conditional Formatting, then Highlight Cells Rules, then Duplicate Values. That's it.

+1

Forgot about the multiple column conditional formatting.  Does it work across sheets/files though?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

"run" "2" "eat"

they were in separate sheets but i copied the 830 column to the 323 sheet (my main working sheet) because that way i don't have to have the 830 sheet available at all times. first i added a column A to the left of the existing column A in the 323 sheet, then i copied the product number column from the 830 sheet to the 323 sheet and put it in column V. then, i got this:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B24,V:V,1,FALSE)) = TRUE, "...", "on 830 list")

if the sheets don't travel together, i would have lost the lookup from the 830 sheet, so it was best to just copy in the data, either in a far column or in another sheet in the same book. i just placed it in column V, out of the way.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams