Ideas for gift for best supporter? (Read 703 times)

(no, not my sports bras Big grin) My husband is awesome about my running. He fills up my fuel belts and asks me how every run was. He leaves out a towel when I'm running in the rain. He woke up at 5:30 with me to go to Marine Corps last year and met me 4 times on the course. He held up at sign at the Virginia Beach Rock & Roll HM that said "RUN, WIFEY, RUN!" In short, he rocks Yes Anyhow, a fellow RAer (I can't remember who it was Blush) got his wife a cheerleader tshirt and charm for being his biggest cheerleader. While I love that idea, I can't see James in a cheerleader tshirt or charm Tongue . Any suggestions? I would like to do something sort of running related as a thank you ... but maybe I'll just go for a generally cool gift..
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe get him a shirt with HTFU in big font...I'm thinking about getting did one! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Maybe get him a shirt with HTFU in big font...I'm thinking about getting did one! Wink k
        I'm thinking that might be a good RA shirt!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Go look at the stuff at funnerrunner.com. They have shirts that are great for both runners and fans of runners. The ones I got my wife and her friend say "Marathon Team" on the front and 26.2 on the back. He also has some nice pewter key chains ($7.00) that say 26.2. Check it out.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Prophet!

(no, not my sports bras Big grin) I can't see James in a cheerleader tshirt or charm Tongue .
            maybe you in a cheerleader uniform ? That'll be a cool gift Evil grin
              I think you should get him something about him, not about your running. He goes out of his way to do something that is all about you, get him something that is all about him to show him how much you appreciate his support.
                maybe you in a cheerleader uniform ? That'll be a cool gift Evil grin
                Now you're talkin'. That's a great gift for an athletic supporter!

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm thinking that might be a good RA shirt!
                  If Eric had a bunch of HTFU RA shirts made up I would totally order one... *hint*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Aside from paying all travel related costs for my away marathon, I gave my wife my finisher medal from Columbus. To her it was worth it's weight in gold because she knew firsthand the blood, sweat and tears I put into earning my first ever marathon finisher's medal.
                      If Eric had a bunch of HTFU RA shirts made up I would totally order one... *hint*
                      If I were running a race and the back of a shirt in front of me said screamed HTFU at me in big blocky letters I would definitely run better. I love it. I'd also purchase such a shirt, if it were available.

sean