Lessons learned from running... (Read 1272 times)

I'm trying to talk my hubby into wearing one of the cycling skirts when he does a benefit ride for the JDRF in Aug. I think it would be a great way to raise money for the charity--send money and see Derek ride 105 miles in the Rockies in a skirt! Big grin k
    I'd send money Wink Oh for the record Mark, I LOVED your video!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See, I think he doesn't really understand how much most of us want to see someone do something silly...enough to pay money for it! Remember when Woodlandsprite wore all pink to fundraise? I think she raised quite a bit, too. If I were a guy I would totally wear a skirt to encourage people to raise money--they're damned comfy! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Does a kilt count? I would do that. What have I learned from running? I've learned: o I'm much more competitive than I let on o I really can go the distance o I'm not a quitter
          In the realm of the bizarre, my video has become something of a celebrity piece among men who like to dress in skirts. I honestly don't know how I feel about being a vanguard of that movement! To each their own but I think I'll stick to doing this sort of thing for fun and a good cause. Smile Mark
          Hey - celebrity is celebrity Big grin - Now if you are a true Canadian - you will be able to spell Canada with just 3 letters....

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Some of my fastest running times have come amist a turtle head poking out. Confused
            I refer to that as a #2 tempo run! Undecided

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

madness baby

I just can't get past how wearing sneakers with a skirt just looks odd.
              Miss'ippi- I think ya mistyped! You meant to write "HOT". Skirts are hot. Nobody'd look at your shoes, anyway. . . Wink Great video Mark. What a great idea to raise money! I wanna see some RA guys in skirts. (I guess kilts count?)
              deb

madness baby

Wait, personal lessons from running: - Not all runs are blissful. - The mind is a powerful thing. Mind over matter, and you can do incredible things. - Wine is a good carb. - My calves are freakishly large. - I am a maneater.
                deb
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait, personal lessons from running: - Not all runs are blissful. - The mind is a powerful thing. Mind over matter, and you can do incredible things. - Wine is a good carb. - My calves are freakishly large. - I am a maneater.
                  Hey, can I add ALL of these things to my list?! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

okay i've learned something today...marionberry pie for breakfast a half an hour before a run is not that good for you.
                      What have I learned from running? I've learned: o I'm much more competitive than I let on o I really can go the distance o I'm not a quitter
                      Words of a coach. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does a kilt count? I would do that.
                        He won't even do that...damn, I can't get that boy in a kilt no matter how hard I try. If he wants to compete with Ewan McGregor for my lust he needs to don a kilt! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I guess what I've learned is that slits creep. This one creeps: and this one doesn't....or hasn't yet. And, even with all that drama I still like running in skirts over shorts. Smile modified to add: I didn't get any creep action when I was running WITHOUT the fanny pack, so that may be partly to blame as well.
                          Jilly, I think your theory is RIGHT on target--I have 2 NB skirts that fit me about the same and have the same liner short. The one with slits (Bonita) rides up under my Camelbak and the one without (Andare) stays down just fine. Without the Camelbak the Bonita has no issues. Good thing I did a test run in it this AM. Got a half mile down the road and realized that I was sorta "flashing." So I ran back home and changed. Darn, I really wanted to wear my new, black one for my big race. Guess I will wear my old pale blue one, instead. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I wore my black one (that has the little tiny undies in it oh and it's really short). I'm usually self consious about running in it but on Sunday I didn't even think about it. Who knows if I gave anyone a show or not.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What you don't know doesn't hurt you! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay