U.S. Olympic Trials (Read 1540 times)

Feeling the growl again

Allyson Felix and Jeneba Tarmoh runoff is canceled.  Tarmoh pulled out.  Sad

Coin flip it is, then?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xor

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I just became a huge Julia Lucas fan. So tough for her, but this is sportsmanship and class.

What character.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

What character.

She's a class act but I think she's a little hard on herself. Sometimes you have to risk it all to win it all and that's what she did. You don't hit it out of the park by taking conservative swings. Good for Conley too.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

She's a class act but I think she's a little hard on herself.

You know, I almost leveled that against her too.  But then I thought carefully and listened to her tone.  I think she's just being as objective as one can be.  Maybe we're too used to the "I have 110%, but it just wasn't my day" postmortems.

Her level-headed assessment endeared me to her even more.

Anyone have a link to the race?  Youtube just wants to show me men or Brits.

Why is it sideways?

Anyone have a link to the race?  Youtube just wants to show me men or Brits.

Enjoy. Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Enjoy. Smile

Damn, that was beautiful.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

SMART Approach

It is sad. I do think Felix would have won the run off race but that isn't the point. They both seem like great ladies and hopefully they can remain friends and continue to be great teammates.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Enjoy. Smile

Heartbreaking for her, but you have to give it to Conley for digging deep and coming from so far back to grab that 3rd spot.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Interesting and kind of sad story on the Tarmoh/Felix 3rd place tie saga.

The part that surprised me in that article, was where it said that many people expected Felix to give up her potential spot.

Obviously I'm just another random hobbyjogger, but I surely didn't expect that - and I thought the 200 final seemed to vindicate her statement that she switched from 200/400 double to 100/200 double because it better supported her 200.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I'll admit I thought there was a 50/50 chance that once Felix won the 200 she would decline her spot in the 100, her 100m training having  "served the purpose" of making her a better 200m racer. But she must feel that actually going through the heats of the 100 at the trials helped her get sharp for the 200 and that doing so again at the Olympics will also help.

I'll also admit that when I watched it live I thought Tarmoh got 3rd and the finish photos have not changed my mind about that.  And I'm an Allyson Felix fan.

Runners run

kcam

I'll admit I thought there was a 50/50 chance that once Felix won the 200 she would decline her spot in the 100, her 100m training having  "served the purpose" of making her a better 200m racer. But she must feel that actually going through the heats of the 100 at the trials helped her get sharp for the 200 and that doing so again at the Olympics will also help.

I'll also admit that when I watched it live I thought Tarmoh got 3rd and the finish photos have not changed my mind about that.  And I'm an Allyson Felix fan.

Valid pont but I hope that's not the reason.  She'd use the 100 heats at the Oly's as workouts for the 200 ... and deny a place to someone who will race to medal at the 100?

Oh, I'm sure she'll race to try and medal but neither she nor Tarmoh have much of a shot unless a couple of people fall down or get DQ'd for false starts.

Runners run