2014 Goals / Resolutions (Read 360 times)

joescott

Otherwise, I'm thinking not to put down any goals for 2014.  Whenever I go public with goals I seem to perform spectacularly bad, but if I just kinda fly low and take things as they come good things occasionally happen.

Now sitting on the couch and looking at the year in reverse, I think this scheme paid off for me handsomely.  Ran more miles in a year than ever.  Ran a faster marathon than ever.  Pulled hip adductor in August, right when I think I was at my all time 5k peak, so I didn't get to try out my new wheels, but I now have renewed hope for 2015 that older does not need to mean slower!  And this setting goals thing is way overrated -- the way to get there is just to put in the work and let it unfold.... peace out.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

delicate flower

1)  BQ (3:12 would be nice)

2)  Sub 1:30 HM

MASSIVE, MASSIVE FAIL.

<3

jeffdonahue

2014 Goals

• Run a marathon (and PR at it - sub 3:36:52)  - it'll have been 4 years now since I have run a marathon
        • Run 2,000 miles
        • 5k PR (sub 18:52)
        • PR at Falmouth Road Race (sub 49:24)
        • run 52 13.1 milers during the year

Horrible unbelievable fail on all goals this year.

•  Didnt run a marathon this year.  Instead, got injured playing soccer in May which totally killed my running for the year to the point that my running was almost non-existent for almost 4 months
        • I am shooting now to try to hit 1200 by the end of December
        • No such luck on any PR, the last 5K I ran this year I was closer to 28:52
        • Didn't even get into the race, was shut out by the lottery system
        • 52???  hahahahahahaha, I didn't run any, my longest run this year was 12.2 (though I did have 4-5 of those)

Here's hoping for a better 2015.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Horrible unbelievable fail on all goals this year.

•  Didnt run a marathon this year.  Instead, got injured playing soccer in May which totally killed my running for the year to the point that my running was almost non-existent for almost 4 months
          • I am shooting now to try to hit 1200 by the end of December
          • No such luck on any PR, the last 5K I ran this year I was closer to 28:52
          • Didn't even get into the race, was shut out by the lottery system
          • 52???  hahahahahahaha, I didn't run any, my longest run this year was 12.2 (though I did have 4-5 of those)

Here's hoping for a better 2015.

Have a better 2015! Smile

xhristopher

I finally got my 2011, 2012, and 2013 goal in 2014. Better late than never.

mikeymike

I finally got my 2011, 2012, and 2013 goal in 2014. Better late than never.

Yup.

Runners run

catwhoorg

Labrat

Spring: Wave A Peachtree time. (been trying since 2012, I'm now within 40 secs for the HM time.)

Autumn: Marathon time that lines closer with my HM time. (My marathon PR is stupidly soft now. I'll tighten this up mid-year but lets say 3:45 for now)

Probably will complete another couple of tri's to build experience. I would love to get up to a Half Ironman.

Go my wave A time, but not until later in the year. Actually hit the mark in both a 10K and HM.

Whilst I set a PR in the marathon it was a long way from 3:50 that I firmed the goal to be.

Didn't do any more tri's and my initial plan of a HIM in 2015 is pushed back to 2016 as I want to revisit the marathon.

Of course I shattered my HM PR so getting the HM and marahon aligned is going to be even harder than this time last year.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Ered

I really want to increase my squat and deadlift weight so I can become a stronger runner.