Races Judicata (Read 656 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

They don't make for pretty shoes.

Bring it on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those are some ugly shoes.
      I don't know...I kind of like loud running shoes. I wish NB would start coming out with some more funky models. Those Zips are pretty crazy, but they wouldn't work for me and I've heard that they are VERY heavy. Nike has always done well with wild shoes--my hubby had a few pair in the early 90s that were really fugly--but in a good way. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am still looking for pink tennis shoes to replace my last pair. (Not for running...) If you hear of any....
          I wish NB would start coming out with some more funky models.
          Pretty funky...for New Balance anyway.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For looks alone I'm lovin' these: Mens: Women's: They are supposed to be pretty lightweight and only for mild pronation issues, so they probably wouldn't work for me, but they are sure pretty--especially the men's! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Pretty funky...for New Balance anyway.
              I have a pair of these. They are really really awesome if you dig a super lightweight trainer. They are a good compromise between my flats and my normal trainers. I use them for a lot of my shorter training runs and my longer races. Also, this picture doesn't do them justice, they are REALLY neon yellow.
                You guys looks great! sounds like a fun race. Trent, for some reason I was thinking you were a lot older. Shy

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a pair of these. They are really really awesome if you dig a super lightweight trainer. They are a good compromise between my flats and my normal trainers. I use them for a lot of my shorter training runs and my longer races. Also, this picture doesn't do them justice, they are REALLY neon yellow.
                  Hey, I think that shoe I posted is the replacement...I believe those are the 902. Have you worn other NB models? How do they compare? I'd think about buying a lightweight shoe for shorter training runs and maybe races of 10 miles or less. How supportive are they compared to a regular weight trainer? k

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, I think that shoe I posted is the replacement...I believe those are the 902. Have you worn other NB models? How do they compare? I'd think about buying a lightweight shoe for shorter training runs and maybe races of 10 miles or less. How supportive are they compared to a regular weight trainer? k
                    They are definitely not as supportive although they are much better than my flats.. I did a 12 mile run in them once and my forefoot hurt a little afterwards. I normally wear nike or asics, these are my first pair of NB but I really do like them. I probably tried on 10 pairs of similar trainers before settling on these and I'm really happy with my decision!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I'd really have to think about whether a lightweight shoe would be worth it, then. I LOVE my 767s, which is bordering on lightweight (I don't think they are much heavier than the 902s, come to think of it). I get a little bit of that forefoot pain after long runs, too. Goes away in about 24 hours, but it's kind of annoying. I never had that with my heavier 1222s, but those ended up being too stable a shoe for me after a few months of running on snow and lifting weights and gave me other, more serious issues--I think my legs have gotten stronger and no longer needed the stability. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You guys looks great! sounds like a fun race. Trent, for some reason I was thinking you were a lot older. Shy
                        Ha, thanks Big grin