Hip Problems? (Read 449 times)

I've only been running for about 1 1/2 months now and the last three times out I've had a pain in my right hip. It's located midway between my outer hip and my belly button, right at the top of the leg. It's only happening on my right side though, and my left is fine. I wind up motoring through it while running, but it's been killing me and has curtailed my running sessions. I went to the chiropractor who suggested my pelvis is out of alignment. He adjusted me on Friday, but I ran this evening and it's hurting me again. Is there anybody who has had a similar experience? Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I don't know if there is a special stretch I can do before and/or after I run that might improve this, or if there is some sort of special treatment to be had.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world." ~ Marianne Williamson
    PWL

Has been

I had a similar problem with my left hip for awhile. I found that extending my post-run stretching session helped quite a bit, as well as adding some good hip stretching exercises (check out these ones from Runner's World): http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,ss6-238-263--11461-2-1X2-3,00.html I also found using something like "The Stick" to massage the pelvic muscles (and other muscles too) has helped quite a bit. Good luck! Smile

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."