First time negative splitting a marathon (Read 700 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

It wasn't a race but I ran my 9th marathon of 2012 this weekend (one per month is the plan! This one was solo.) and I had the best one to-date. Not my fastest marathon but my easiest and most enjoyable, pain free, no chaffing, no blisters and my stomach felt fine all the way to the end. I ran it in 3:23 which I think is awesome considering I set out to run a comfortable 3:45.

Ran from my apartment to Cntral Park (10.3 miles) the did 3 of the 5 mile loops, plus a tad more for an even 26.2. When I got to mile 18 I felt great, like it was mile 7. When I hit 20 I felt like I should just pick up the pace. I ended up running the second 13 miles several minutes faster than the fist and my last 3 miles or so were my fastest, including a 7:10 for mile 26 and sub seven for my last .2. That has NEVER happened to me before.
    Definely a factor of the great sunny 60 degree day. I'm feeling very confident for NYCM in Nov.

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club

Believe

It wasn't a race but I ran my 9th marathon of 2012 this weekend (one per month is the plan! This one was solo.) and I had the best one to-date. Not my fastest marathon but my easiest and most enjoyable, pain free, no chaffing, no blisters and my stomach felt fine all the way to the end. I ran it in 3:23 which I think is awesome considering I set out to run a comfortable 3:45.

Ran from my apartment to Cntral Park (10.3 miles) the did 3 of the 5 mile loops, plus a tad more for an even 26.2. When I got to mile 18 I felt great, like it was mile 7. When I hit 20 I felt like I should just pick up the pace. I ended up running the second 13 miles several minutes faster than the fist and my last 3 miles or so were my fastest, including a 7:10 for mile 26 and sub seven for my last .2. That has NEVER happened to me before.
      Definely a factor of the great sunny 60 degree day. I'm feeling very confident for NYCM in Nov.

Dude, that is awesome.  I PR'd a half this weekend as well in KY and it was a perfect dday to run.  Great job and good luck at NYCM.

Dave, nice!

- Joe

all running goals are under review by the executive committee.

Good confidence builder and it will feel many times better to do it in a race that you are racing.

Hey, is there a reason you are shy with your log?

Sigh, he goes out and runs marathons for fun.

Good work.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Good confidence builder and it will feel many times better to do it in a race that you are racing.

Hey, is there a reason you are shy with your log?

Can't people view it?  Must be a setting.  I'll check. 

ETA: How immature does it make me that I laughed a few times at "shy with your log"?

HTFU?  Why not!

ultramarathon/triathlete

I think I fixed my log (still laughing, still immature).

Note that it only reflects runs with my Garmin, which is a lot of my runs but not all, and only the outdoor ones. 

HTFU?  Why not!

KMB

Can't people view it?  Must be a setting.  I'll check. 

ETA: How immature does it make me that I laughed a few times at "shy with your log"?

just got home from a few beers and cant stop laughing Big grin

2013 Goals:

RTB Ultra Done
                  BQ (< 3:25:00) Philadelphia 11/17/2013 3:21:45

1666+ miles
                  Rhode Island Road Runners