Yet another reason to loathe loose-running dogs... (Read 899 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

About a quarter mile from finishing my run I noticed that a guy who had been walking 100 yards or so ahead of me was no longer upright.  I caught up to him just after a woman in a car had stopped to help him.  Another woman in a car also came upon the scene and we were able to help him up and get him to his home a few yards away (she actually knew the man and where he lived).  He was an old guy who'd hit his head and busted his glasses.  He refused to let us call 911 or his wife, but did agree to let one of them women drive him home.

All the while we're helping him there's a stupid little lap rat running circles around us and harassing the guy.  The dog was actually making the man angry and he said it wasn't his dog.  I suspect the dog is what caused him to fall, as the roads are wet from melted snow, but not the least bit slippery.  Stoopid mutt followed me home (pissing on every mailbox post and hydrant we passed) and was running circles around my ankles and nearly getting hit by the cars of the women who drove the old guy home.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Glad to hear the guy was ok though.

Last week I was running through a park and there was a couple with a couple of loose dogs.  One of the dogs ran at me and then started running with me.  They got mad at me and yelled "Would it kill you to stop for a minute?"  I just kept going and after 15 seconds it did turn around and go back.  I've stopped before for dogs but I get tired of being responsible for keeping other people's dogs in check.  I guess I could have been the nice guy and stopped, but keep your dog on a leash like the law says and you won't have to worry about jerks like me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

gee I'm glad you were all close by and he didn't sit there for a long time, I'm glad he's ok.  I have a little yappy dog, but he doesn't yap.  He just sits there.  He isn't really good for a great deal, but he's lazy and fluffy and that's why I like him.

I have always owned a dog, so don't take me as a dog hater, but I have a variety of pet peeves when it comes to dogs. 

(A) this pathway is not for you and your dog.  This path way is for you and for me as I pass you.  You should not expect me to run in the grass so that your dog is not disturbed

(B) I do not want your dogs nose pressed against my legs as I run by

Wow, my list is shorter than I thought, it feels good to get that of my chest, phfew!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I guess I could have been the nice guy and stopped, but keep your dog on a leash like the law says and you won't have to worry about jerks like me.

I was nice and stopped for people to corral their dogs for about the first year as a runner.  After that I got tired of interrupting my workout to do their work for them.  I always pretend I don't hear them with my headphones in (even though I can, since I don't crank the volume or have noise-cancelling headphones).

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

(A) this pathway is not for you and your dog.  This path way is for you and for me as I pass you.  You should not expect me to run in the grass so that your dog is not disturbed

(B) I do not want your dogs nose pressed against my legs as I run by

(C) you have a retractable leash...it does not need to span the entire width of the path forcing me to run off into the grass to avoid tripping over it.

~ Sarah Kay

BeeRunB

When I am running on a bike trail or in a park,  and I nicely ask someone to put their loose dog on a leash,  I often get yelled at angrily by the owner . I'm not sure i understand exactly where that anger comes from.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you decide to let your dog run away, instead of leashing him, you can hardly blame others for that decision.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Stoopid mutt followed me home (pissing on every mailbox post and hydrant we passed) and was running circles around my ankles and nearly getting hit by the cars of the women who drove the old guy home.

and you didn't punt him through the goal posts of life....yer too easy!!!

Doc, my tooth hurts

Like most runners on here I have come across my fair share of dogs. In the neighborhood I'm in they will bark, but stay in the yard. If they are with their owner most of them won't even bark.  There is one dog that fascinates me, a huge Husky that could pass for a wolf just looks at me....doesn't move or bark. I keep waiting for the dog to take off after me and tear my arm off because it's so calm.  

I'm very fortunate to live in an area with a lot of dogs who have good, considerate owners.  It does make me slightly nervous when a person lets their dog run with no leash and aren't right next to them. 

Doc, my tooth hurts

Similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVX8Ab6Gjhk

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVX8Ab6Gjhk

Bwahahahaha...I need to rent that again!

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

+1, I would have punted the little chicken shit dog like it was the end of the fourth of the Super Bowl and we were down by two. And I love dogs.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

When I am running on a bike trail or in a park,  and I nicely ask someone to put their loose dog on a leash,  I often get yelled at angrily by the owner . I'm not sure i understand exactly where that anger comes from.

They're angry because they're miserable little shitheads, and they know it. Since they're also moral cowards who can't face their own shortcomings, they turn their anger elsewhere.

+1, I would have punted the little chicken shit dog like it was the end of the fourth of the Super Bowl and we were down by two. And I love dogs.

I can't blame a dog for behaving like a dog. I'd rather punt the little chickenshit dog owner who can't take responsibility for his animal. (Like others on this thread, I've owned dogs my whole life, and I can't stand irresponsible dog owners.)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't blame a dog for behaving like a dog. I'd rather punt the little chickenshit dog owner who can't take responsibility for his animal. (Like others on this thread, I've owned dogs my whole life, and I can't stand irresponsible dog owners.)

Yep.  I messaged a neighbor on FB who happens to live across the street from the old guy.  I wanted to let him know what happened and see if he might be able to give me an update on the gentleman and perhaps ID the dog.  Last week we rescued a trapped neighbor cat from our basement and brought it to the Humane Society where it had to be put down after the workers witnessed seizures.  Under the circumstances it had to be tested for rabies and I had to wait nearly a week to find out if *I* would have to undergo the series of shots, myself (it was not a particularly stress-free period of time for me).  Needless to say, I am pretty fucking sick and tired of roaming animals in our neighborhood.  In the span of about 10 days at least 2 people in a quarter-mile radius were potentially critically injured by loose pets.  I'm not angry at the animals, but I'd sure like to kick a few humans in the crotch right about now.

~ Sarah Kay