Our Private Group Information (Read 188 times)

Gigi Guenther

Please help us Smile I have created a private group for our school teachers. I have made everyone admin so we can view all of our logs. The problem we are having is that when are under user groups and try to get all of our summaries the only one that shows the total mileage is our runner. Our walker Gigi filled out all of her information as the runner did but her total mileage is not popping up. I can see her workout and graphs but I wanted to get everyone's info on this page. We have walkers, bikers and swimmers that will be adding their mileage for the year. I have also added Gigi as walking for her default. What am I doing wrong?

Name ▲ Distance Time
    cweidner* [Admin]
    Gigi Guenther* [Admin] 0 mi 0:00
    Kim Ohsfeldt* [Owner] 0 mi 0:00
    lindseysimpson* [Admin]
    Maggie.Ang* [Admin]
    Oletomcat* [Admin]
    Stacey D* [Admin]
    tracey_jackson* [Admin]
    Vstric*
    XCrunner96* [Admin] 5 mi 48:34
    * Member(s) joined recently

HermosaBoy

I could be wrong, but I think the reports by default will only show running miles.  If others have their activities marked as walking, swimming, etc., those activities are excluded.

This is a guess on my part, but hopefully someone with more knowledge can confirm or refute...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I could be wrong, but I think the reports by default will only show running miles.  If others have their activities marked as walking, swimming, etc., those activities are excluded.

This is my experience as well. In the groups I am in, the reports are running miles only.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Kim Ohsfeldt

We have been working on this for a few hours and have come to the same conclusion. Unfortunately, we are trying to log 2015 miles of any activity for the year. So I am hoping that there would be a way to extract our total mileage for all activities. We are set up as groups of 4 and this would be an easy way to keep track of our teams total.

Feeling the growl again

You could have everyone log everything as running, and use workout types to record what is running/walking etc.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kim Ohsfeldt

That is what we are thinking of doing. I was just hoping that tech support could help us and allow all activity (mileage to be pulled over). Smile

eric :)

Hi Kim,

I am reluctant to change the behavior.  It makes sense for your particular case, but for everyone else, it may not.  The problem is that the distance for all activities is meaningless.  Cycling miles are different from walking or swimming distances.  I'm not sure how it can be resolved.  If you describe your original goal, maybe I can come up with something that would work better for everyone.

eric Smile

Gabrielson

Hi Eric,

One solution would be to make an option in the group setup to add columns for biking and swimming distance and time in addition to those for running . You could then select to view 1, 2, or all 3 of these activities on the group summary page. Walking could be an additional field, or it could be just logged as running. You could then also add a column for total workout time to help make the efforts somewhat of an apples to apples comparision (though intensities may still be different).

Just my 2 cents.

Chris

Kim Ohsfeldt

Eric,

I do understand what you are saying in reference to bike miles vs running etc....However, my goal is to motivate us as a team to get moving regardless of what activity they will choose to do. I wanted all members to be able to view each members total mileage on that summary page. I like the suggestion that Chris has come up with and I believe it could be beneficial to other groups. I hope there is a way to make it work. If not, we will continue logging in our activity under running and including the correct information under notes.

This is an example of how one of our team members is adding her time:

Date ▼ActivityCourseTypeDistanceDurationPace 
                    1/7/2015 Run

Swimming

Easy 0.6 mi    
                    1/6/2015 Run

Swimming

Easy 0.6 mi    

Thanks

Kim

I'm in a user group where a similar type of solution would be beneficial (user group = swim bike run).

However, an "hours trained" option would solve for that group.

As EricSmile mentioned, biking (at 18mph) is different from running (at 7mph) is different from walking (at 3.5mph) is different from swimming (at 2mph).

It seems as if a solution might be to have an option between (1) miles run (default) and (2) hours of training.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

eric :)

Hi all,

I think the only workable solution is to count time spent instead of distance.  That is more equable.  What do you think?

eric Smile

Kim Ohsfeldt

Unfortunately, Our challenge was to complete 2015 miles of any activity for the 2015 year. It was difficult to find an app out there that could accommodate this as a group.  We really did agree this one was the closest to meet our needs. I was hoping that the summary page could add up all miles regardless of the activity or at least have a break down. I understand if this is not possible. We all have the option to be able to view each others workouts and that is a plus. Thanks to everyone that took the time to try to help us. We will continue to log all activities under running for the time being. Smile