1000 Mile Club, anyone? (Read 1472 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

I've seen some running clubs do this - members sign up with the intention of running 1000 miles within the next calendar year. Weekly and/or monthly milage totals are tracked and a running total is kept. You'd have to average a little over 19.2 miles/wk for the whole year in order to reach 1000 miles in a year. What do y'all think? Anybody interested?

Roads were made for journeys...

Sounds like fun to me! I just have to make sure to log my miles...
      "The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, count me in! I think I could do that...though at my current rate I'd have a tough time. Can I have a "do over" on Nov.? I'd really like to write this month off. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I was thinking of doing this for 2007...

Can a lurker be included? I could use the motivation. After having mileage close to 2,000 miles in 2003 and 2004 I dropped to 880 last year and I think half way through my run tomorrow I will hit 1,000 for this year.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was thinking of doing this for 2007...
              Definitely...I didn't even start running until late March of this year, so I wouldn't be anywhere near that goal for '06, anyhow--even if this month had been stellar. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I think I could handle doing this.
                  COUNT ME IN!! Had to go check my running log from the past year and a half. Ok now I'm totally psyched. I started running on a treadmill in the fall of 2004. I didn't start running outside until spring of 2005 and started logging my miles 7-22-2005. As of 7-22-2006 I had 1,066.5 miles. OMG!! I know alot of people run alot more than that but for me that's HUGE!! Believe me if I can do it YOU CAN TOO!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Great idea! Any source of motivation would be welcome. Should we start a group?
                      I am definitely in!!! Cool
                      "The will to win, is nothing without the will to prepare"

Cryptic

i will join in the fun
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Sounds like there's enough interest to start a group. I'm going to do a little research to see if there's an easy way to do this. Does anyone else want to take over coordinating it? I'm not trying to hog administrative jobs! Big grin

Ooh, this sounds fun. I want to try this too!

Now that was a bath...

I'm in. It will either kill me or cure me Big grin Motivation, motivation, motivation. Definitely needing a little of that at the moment. Good idea Janell! Claire xxx
                            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

You'll ruin your knees!

IN

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)