I reached goal!!! (Read 924 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I thought it would be nice for me to share my happy news, I officially got to my goal weight at weight watchers. I started the classes last October weighing in at 266lb. I weighed in tonight at 187lb, I am passed my goal by a pound. I actually do want to lose 14lbs more personally, but everyone keeps on telling me that I look fine as I am. PS. From couch potato to by comparison a mile PB tonight of 5:52. Whahoooo, made up. Gettinghorribly difficult to lose this last bit of weight, I have such a big calorie deficit that I sometimes barely have enough energy to run.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Eddy, Great job. I know those last few pounds are very difficult but you already did the MOST difficult thing. You Got Started Big grin Big grin Big grin Now the rest should be easy... Tongue
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gettinghorribly difficult to lose this last bit of weight, I have such a big calorie deficit that I sometimes barely have enough energy to run.
        Those last pounds can be REALLY tough to lose--especially once you are in the healthy weight range. But don't starve yourself...that can have a way of backfiring. I'd aim to not lose more than .5-1#/week at this point. Eating to run and eating to lose weight can be really tough. I think it's better to find a happy medium...lose slower, but eat enough to not feel starved and weak. But BIG kudos to you on how far you have come! It sure makes the running easier and faster, doesn't it!? Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Awesome, awesome job Eddy! Smile

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

guys

I weighed in tonight at 187lb, I am passed my goal by a pound.
            Congratulations !! I guess you'll have to update your 'about' page ;-)
              Congrats, Eddy, for weight and PB - !!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Congratulations! It's great to see goals being met. Nice mile time too. Smile

Michelle

Mishka-old log

Great job Eddy! 5:52?!? Wow, that's moving! About those last pounds though...listen to zoom-zoom. Be careful about the effects that calorie deficit has on your running. If you stay with running and make it a permanent healthy habit, those last pounds will gradually come off. It will take quite some time, especially if you're healthy now, but it will happen.
                    Awesome. I personally would not worry with the weight as long as your have a consistent healthy diet and are exercising. That said... I do believe 14 lbs makes a difference physically. 10 years ago I weighed 175... my face and neck were a lot sleeker... and 32" pants were roomy... Dude, 5:52 is fast. Focus on running a sub 4 mile Big grin.

Vim

Eddy, that's awesome! Congratulations on your hard work and success with your weight loss and your running!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Slow-smooth-fast

Awesome. I personally would not worry with the weight as long as your have a consistent healthy diet and are exercising. That said... I do believe 14 lbs makes a difference physically. 10 years ago I weighed 175... my face and neck were a lot sleeker... and 32" pants were roomy... Dude, 5:52 is fast. Focus on running a sub 4 mile Big grin.
                        you must be having a laugh, my aim is to go sub 5 eventually, but I don't know if that will ever come! I can get in some 32" at the moment, but they are a bit snug! Shouldnt be too long!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

btb1490

Congratulations on an awesome accomplishment! It takes a pretty strong person to be able to make changes like that. Like many things, getting the last 10% of the job done often takes 90% of the effort, so just hang in there and give it time. Keep up the great work, speedy!
                          freckles

Well done - that is brilliant and very inspiring. Big grin

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

2008 Philly Trifecta

Great job, Eddy! I'm inspired...and a twinge jealous Big grin My ultimate goal is 175lbs as well! Bravo! Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                              2008 Philly Trifecta:
                              10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                              Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                              Philly Marathon-11/23
                              "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

madness baby

Congrats Eddy. That is so wonderful. Smile
                                deb