Anybody(OCD types) keep track of their running miles over the years? (Read 427 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1)    How many of you kept every single race bib from each race your have run?

2)    If so, do you write the time completed, etc on the back?

With my next race being #900, I haven't kept any but the most important bids, e.g my three Boston Marathon and my ultra bibs. I have detailed race data in my log, so I don't bother writing that on the bibs.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I keep every race bib and write the date & distance (if it's not already printed there) and my finishing time.  I value the bibs more than any of the medals (AG or otherwise).  They're just thrown in a drawer but I do flip through them once in a while.

Mostly the same here. Got all my bibs, annotated.

I do value my Boston medal. That one isn't like the others for lots of reasons.

About 10K miles over 5 years, a little over 8,000 logged on RA. Not a ton compared to some other here, but pretty decent considering what a lazy sack of crap I was before the summer of 2010.

1)    How many of you kept every single race bib from each race your have run?

2)    If so, do you write the time completed, etc on the back?

1) I do.

2) yes and date.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

It appears we have more bib collectors than we have folks who keep track of their miles. 81,970 and counting. Is there a topper out there?

Cool stuff.  I am not the only one keeping bibs.  They go in a drawer only, for now...

It appears we have more bib collectors than we have folks who keep track of their miles. 81,970 and counting. Is there a topper out there?

---No one keeps every single pair of shoes they have ever run in since day 1?!   Heck, that might be guinness records material for some of the high mileage runners :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

bobruns

I have all my bibs and have logged every mile. (Although not nearly as many as some of you.  YIKES)

I keep all the bibs on a ring in order.   I have any date and time info written on the back.

Seanv2

Ya'll might be interested in Amby Burfoot's website where he tracks people who have logged over 100,000 miles:

http://www.100klifetimemiles.com/

Me, I've only run a paltry 7,826.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com