Stability Control Shoes (Read 179 times)

Outside Lane

I have worn Brooks Addiction shoes for years - I have had good success with them.  I am flat-footed over-pronator.  I am looking at alternatives because (gasp!) I just don't like the way the latest Addiction shoes look.  They are almost all black - and I just find it depressing to wear black shoes when I am running - when there is so much color in the running world these days.  This sounds crazy but I am interested in feedback from any others on alternative brands/models for these type of shoes?  Any ideas?

See how they run...

Back in the day I had good luck with Saucony Hurricanes, even did a 100 mile trail race in them. Damn things cost a fortune now. I have been doing Nike Lunarglide since about version 2. These are a few ounces lighter but are road-only for sure and don't have as much MC to them, lacking a medial post.

runmichigan

A good stability shoe that I have used for years is the Mizuno Wave Inspire now in version 13.  This is not a full motion control shoe, but does provide some stability control.

HappyFeat

The Asics Gel Foundation is Asics equivalent of Brooks Addiction- in glorious color:

GEL-Foundation 12 Electric Blue/Flash Yellow/Indigo Blue 3

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

LRB

Hmm, I have never heard of the Addiction, and here I thought I had seen all the stabilty shoes.

Anyway, I've run in Brooks Adrenalines but moved away from them because the heel was a bit too tall for me. Plenty of people run in them though. The Brooks Pure Cadence is really smooth, I like them a lot. Asics has the DS Trainers and the Tempo series from adidas works as well. They are all light stabilty shoes though, not sure if that's a deal breaker or not.

How about the Brooks Addiction?

Runners run

Lazy idiot

Or the Brooks Addiction:

MTA: Seriously, though... ask your local running shop if they can order one of the other colors for you.

Tick tock

as a fellow flat footed individual, i am a big fan of the saucony omni. also, have you checked amazon for an older version of the addiction in a color that you like? i always buy last year's model for close to half the price of the newest model.

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

Outside Lane

In my size, I am only offered the Addiction 12 in all black - or black with red Brooks logo.  Thanks for the other suggestions - I am debating whether to put down $120 for shoes that will likely work well again (but now look awful) vs. trying something new (for probably less money).

See how they run...

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Well... if black on black is cramping your style, what about upgrading the shoelaces?

These will keep your feet from getting run over. And here we have every style/color known to mankind.

--Christine

Lazy idiot

In my size, I am only offered the Addiction 12 in all black - or black with red Brooks logo.  Thanks for the other suggestions - I am debating whether to put down $120 for shoes that will likely work well again (but now look awful) vs. trying something new (for probably less money).

I once wore these shoes for a season because they were great for my feet. I didn't look down twice (thankfully)...

Tick tock

Outside Lane

I went with these!  Run Happy!

Or the Brooks Addiction:

MTA: Seriously, though... ask your local running shop if they can order one of the other colors for you.

See how they run...

and you can still switch to  red laces!

steadyfoot

It's hard for a lot of runners to find running shoes that really work for them. In your case, getting a shoe that makes you run comfortably is something you should be thankful for. I would go for protection and practically rather than looks.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I like my black Adrenalines.  Never clashes with colorful shirts.  And they are frequently on sale.