Question for Canon camera users (Read 626 times)

Lisa3.1

I was going through a bunch of things in the storage and came across [see picture] I have no idea what it's for, but I'm guessing it's for the Canon SLR. Please re: if you know what it's for. Thanks
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How big are those? Are they threaded? They look like some sort of lens covers. Other than that I have no idea...and I have a pretty extensive background in Photography and 2 Canon DSLRs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Looking gooooood ;p

HAve you got a satnav.....It's hard to tell without some kind of scale, but it looks just like the magnetic mount which came with my (other) Garmin
        The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
        Lisa3.1

HAve you got a satnav.....It's hard to tell without some kind of scale, but it looks just like the magnetic mount which came with my (other) Garmin
          YES, that's it. We have a Garmin for our car. We are using the suction cup instead of that. Thanks Kirsten and Phil !

Looking gooooood ;p

Well that's killed this thread.....I should have let a few more people come up with wrong suggestions first Roll eyes
            The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
            Lisa3.1

Well that's killed this thread.....I should have let a few more people come up with wrong suggestions first Roll eyes
              Nooo, I was frustrated enough that I couldn't guess what that was for, I went to bed irritated, and I just got up, and saw your reply, perfect timing, or else I would have gone nuts for who knows how long. So thanks again.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YES, that's it. We have a Garmin for our car. We are using the suction cup instead of that. Thanks Kirsten and Phil !
                Phew, I'm glad it wasn't something for the camera, or I'd be questioning my knowledge of camera gadetry. Blush

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

Phew, I'm glad it wasn't something for the camera, or I'd be questioning my knowledge of camera gadetry. Blush
                  Kirsten, I have a question regarding the Canon camera though. Eachtime I used the "running man" feature, the pictures end up blurry. any ideas what I could be doing wrong also the same for when I use the nighttime feature to take pictures in the dark with little light, it end up blurry also.
                    I was just coming back on to say that I couldn't come up with anything related to Canon....and I have had at least one for 28 years.....I was racking my brain...what little there is....and coming up blank...which I do quite a lot.....
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten, I have a question regarding the Canon camera though. Eachtime I used the "running man" feature, the pictures end up blurry. any ideas what I could be doing wrong also the same for when I use the nighttime feature to take pictures in the dark with little light, it end up blurry also.
                      Hmmm...I don't use the auto settings very much, but those must set the camera to use slow shutter speeds. I'm sure the nighttime one does that, since it's designed to expose dark-setting photos without flash. The running dude one must be attempting to use a slow shutter-speed to show motion...which works well if you have the camera on a tripod or are following the moving subject to show speed, but not so good if you want to freeze motion. Have you ever tried aperture-priority (Av) or shutter-priority (Tv)? Those settings are nice, since they are kind of a compromise between auto and manual (I use Av probably 3/4 of the time). You set the aperture or shutter of your choice, then the camera takes care of the rest to make sure that you get a good exposure.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey zz, we recently got a Canon EOS 30D. Can you recommend any resources, online or otherwise, that will help us learn how to use this camera well and get the most out of it?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey zz, we recently got a Canon EOS 30D. Can you recommend any resources, online or otherwise, that will help us learn how to use this camera well and get the most out of it?
                          There was a good 10D group that I used to hang out on. I'm sure there's a similar group for 30D owners, probably a lot of the same folks. Duh, here it is: Yahoo Group

~ Sarah Kay