What do you do with your race stuff (bib, medal, pictures, etc) (Read 3244 times)

Intentionally Blank

Bibs go in the trash.  Medals end up in my kids' dress up accessories.

I would probably keep Boston stuff, though.  Or BQ stuff.

Outside Lane

Only one medal so far - I'm not sure where it is at (probably by the computer somewhere).  Bibs get stapled or pinned on the inside garage wall (next to my 65 Mustang)!  Some days I just stare at the wall or stare at the car...

Added a bib to the wall today - Run for the Preemies 5K (March of Dimes race)!

See how they run...

HermosaBoy

Most of my finisher's medals are in my baseball bag from high school.  I do have finisher's plaques from 3 notable marathons (1st marathon, 1st sub 3 and first Boston).  Probably should've gotten more plaques, but it wasn't convenient and they didn't match the layout of the others....

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

jules2

I wear most shirts a couple of times and then use them to clean my bikes however over here we are starting to get technical shirts that wick the sweat away so I keep those also any ones with nice designs.

The medals hang on the bedpost to avoid Mrs Jules making advances at me as they rattle if the bed shakes which puts her off.

I staple the race numbers on the inside of my garage walls and door to motivate me when I'm on my turbo trainer but am running out of space

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

DoppleBock

All the cheap, crappy, unimaginative AG awards go in trash immediately when I get home.  The rest go in a box in the basement to someday exaggerate my accomplishments to my grandkids.  The half marathon medals go in the trash - the marathon medals in the AG award box.

The best AG awards are the useful ones - Received a nice engraved 20 ounce beer mug at last race - The winner of the race received an engraved beer pitche - Now thats top notch.

Bibs etc all in garbage after race

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

On On

All the cheap, crappy, unimaginative AG awards go in trash immediately when I get home.  The rest go in a box in the basement to someday exaggerate my accomplishments to my grandkids.  The half marathon medals go in the trash - the marathon medals in the AG award box.

The best AG awards are the useful ones - Received a nice engraved 20 ounce beer mug at last race - The winner of the race received an engraved beer pitche - Now thats top notch.

Bibs etc all in garbage after race

Just curious if you are going to save any of the "crap" from your next race?  I mean the course is only 1 km long.

DoppleBock

1200 meters -

I have not even thought about it, but this might be shadow box material - hung above the bed, next to the 12 point white tail head mount for inspiration.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Hawt and sexy

1200 meters -

I have not even thought about it, but this might be shadow box material - hung above the bed, next to the 12 point white tail head mount for inspiration.

You said head. heh And mount. heh heh

I'm touching your pants.

Running is still new (or, renewed) and fun to me and I like gold stickers, so I save virtually everything.

As a kid (5th grade) I ran a couple of races and made a scrap book. I found it recently and am glad to reconnect with those memories of a not always happy childhood. Running was a good thing then. (Now, too, of course.)

Had I not gotten out of it, I may have ditched the stuff. But over the years, I kept the small mementos as I picked it up again (Ever cheap, I would not buy the finisher foto proofs they'd -- get this kids -- snail mail to you, so I'd save the postage-stamp sized proofs.) There were no AG medals in my early runs, so I kept many bibs.

I have a "man room" - well, it's the attic room where the former owner left us a pool table, which is also why my wife and I haven't gotten to a bajillion projects our 100 year old house needs.

But I digress.

So I strung up two-inch wide red ribbon from a fabric store between two walls and I pin one corner of my bibs to them. Same race bibs go on the same pin, now that I have enough.

Medals hang from a shelf in which I drilled cup hooks underneath. Again, same race, same hook.

I need either a longer shelf or another one now though.

Then again, I may feel differently if I ran anywhere near the number of races some idiots  here run. And I've nowhere near the amount of placement hardwear of many folk here.

I toss my bibs in the junk drawer. I tell myself that I am going to write my finishing time on the back (have yet to do this), scan them and digitally scrapbook them.

Have never gotten any medals. Any pics have been too horrendous to actually print or buy.

Heard about these medal hangers from 26point2medals.com on RunRunLive.com podcast awhile back.

Heard about these medal hangers from 26point2medals.com on RunRunLive.com podcast awhile back.

You'll make a certain someone on this forum happy Wink 

I also write race info on bibs, as some look alike or are nondescript. 

vegefrog

My sister got me this for my birthday. It says  "Big Guns" because after I went through chemo and radiation everyone said "you can do whatever you want, just pull out your big guns". Meaning play the cancer card. I dislike that very much, I don't like to let that define me. SO...now that I have started running and winning a few age group awards and most recently an overall female award, she thought I might need this. It was a great 33rd birthday gift Smile I like my bling!!!!! I write my times on my bib #'s... maybe this will change after I've been running competively for a while, but for now it's fun!!!

Very cool! I have my bibs on a ring like that, too. It hangs on the side of the fridge on a hook. Another hook is beside it with medals.
                            kcam

First thing I do when I get home from a race is write down my finish time on the bib.  I just keep the bibs in a drawer and not displayed anywhere but they mean a lot to me.   Medals and any AG awards I don't really care too much about, though I haven't thrown any of them away.

Queen of 3rd Place

You can donate medals to charity, our local running store has a drop box for this group:

http://www.medals4mettle.org/

Ex runner