Running an 8k (Read 82 times)

Daniel

Kinda a strange distance. Any suggestions? I haven't run in a 10k yet and run in a couple 5ks.

an amazing likeness

Break it into 3 sections: 3K + 3K + 2K...

• 1st 3K is cruising ok. Dial back the fast start. Get into fast cruise mode. Feel like you could go all day long. Strong. Take water if there's a water station.
      • 2nd 3K is work. Get out your lunch pail and bring in the focus, this is work. Now it's time to stop hearing all those signals from our legs. I'm at work, stop talking to me. Splash some water to deal with the dry throat, let it wash over your face. Good gawd...why is this taking so long!
      • Final 2K is all about winding it up. Every little downhill in the course is giving you energy. Turn it up. Turnover is life. Where's that finish!? Find it. See it. Hang on, hang on, don't quite on me you stupid legs, crap..why are my lungs burning...go, go, go...feel the pounding in your feet. Done. Woozy. Sucking oxygen like you've been underwater too long. Done. Done. Done.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

Just call it a 5 miler.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Daniel

Break it into 3 sections: 3K + 3K + 2K...

• 1st 3K is cruising ok. Dial back the fast start. Get into fast cruise mode. Feel like you could go all day long. Strong. Take water if there's a water station.
            • 2nd 3K is work. Get out your lunch pail and bring in the focus, this is work. Now it's time to stop hearing all those signals from our legs. I'm at work, stop talking to me. Splash some water to deal with the dry throat, let it wash over your face. Good gawd...why is this taking so long!
            • Final 2K is all about winding it up. Every little downhill in the course is giving you energy. Turn it up. Turnover is life. Where's that finish!? Find it. See it. Hang on, hang on, don't quite on me you stupid legs, crap..why are my lungs burning...go, go, go...feel the pounding in your feet. Done. Woozy. Sucking oxygen like you've been underwater too long. Done. Done. Done.

Now make it 80 degrees at start time with 90% humidity

Now make it 80 degrees at start time with 90% humidity

Then the number of k's don't matter. Jog it in and enjoy the post race beer.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              mikeymike

This

Runners run

Daniel

Lol. Luckily it was a night race so the sun wasnt out. I had hydrated pretty well yesterday so that helped. 38 minutes which is good for me. My first mile killed my time a little.