Equipment Naming (Read 549 times)

I just added a new shoe that I got, and when I'm naming it, it won't preserve the capital letters I put in the name. In the model, I enter MR760ST, but the MR and ST become lower case. I've not had this problem with previous shoes.

I know it's not a "real" problem, but I was just wondering if there's a simple bug correction for this.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe someone else chose that name and used lowercase. Maybe if you choose a different name -- not exactly that one -- then your uppercase letters will be preserved?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I checked the list of models and it wasn't present when I entered it.

(edit) I just checked the list of models again, and it seems that someone else had the same problem with lowercase letters:

See the wr520 WSB? I would guess that they meant to enter WR520 WSB (WR being women's running, and MR for me being men's running).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Then, I give up -- I really don't have any idea.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

timzna

I had this problem once. I fixed it by using a tab character instead of a space in the model name. The tab character shows up as a space in the equipment and workouts pages, but the name is still case-insensitively different than the other incorrectly capitalized model that was already there.

This method probably won't work if the shoe model name has no spaces. (White space is trimmed off the beginning and end of the model names)

eric :)

I had every intention of keeping the equipment models list to be correct but users don't always enter the names correctly, thus affecting everyone else.  Using hacks to "correct" the problems aren't helping the situation either.

I have plans to add code to enforce the correct names.  Hopefully, this will come in the second half of the year.

Gabrielson

Hi Eric,

Any update on this issue? It has been annoying me for several years now, and I was going to start a new forum, but I just searched up the issue and found this one from 2010.

Why can't each user determine how they want the name capatilized? I understand that it is looking for a previously used entry, but can't you just make it ignore capitalization? Not sure how difficult it would be to make the change, but I would really like to be able to name my shoes the way I feel is correct.

Thanks!

Chris