TM Zombie (Read 1067 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I knew training for a spring marathon was gonna be tough but it's even tougher than I expected. My two biggest accomplishments are a 15 mile non stop run and 9 miles run without music or TV. My brains are getting squishy. I'm slated for a 17 miler on Saturday and it's gonna be stupidly cold.
      My brains are getting squishy.
      I hate it when that happens.

Dog-Love

I knew training for a spring marathon was gonna be tough but it's even tougher than I expected. My two biggest accomplishments are a 15 mile non stop run and 9 miles run without music or TV. My brains are getting squishy. I'm slated for a 17 miler on Saturday and it's gonna be stupidly cold.
        Why don't you try running with someone who'll make the time go faster. Even 2 folks who will each run a 7 mile leg with you is a great way to fight that brain squish.
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Why don't you try running with someone who'll make the time go faster. Even 2 folks who will each run a 7 mile leg with you is a great way to fight that brain squish.
          Because I'm a total weather wuss.
            Because I'm a total weather wuss.
            I am too, but I just layer up! I might look like the Michelin Man when I'm all dressed, but I stay warm. And I have a low tolerance to the cold, too. Just feeeeeel the support of the people from RA pushing you out the door. If some of us cold weather wimps can do it, you can do it! Smile BTHU (Bundle the heck up)
              Wow. I can't get past 3-4 miles on a treadmill. Too boring for me even with a TV.
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I am too, but I just layer up! I might look like the Michelin Man when I'm all dressed, but I stay warm. And I have a low tolerance to the cold, too. Just feeeeeel the support of the people from RA pushing you out the door. If some of us cold weather wimps can do it, you can do it! Smile BTHU (Bundle the heck up)
                We're starting to come out of the winter weather and I'll be heading out more. Tonight's 8 miler will be indoors due to traffic issues, but I think I'll be doing the bulk of the rest of my training outside for most of the balance of my schedule. I could only handle 14 on Satruday.
                  We're starting to come out of the winter weather and I'll be heading out more. Tonight's 8 miler will be indoors due to traffic issues, but I think I'll be doing the bulk of the rest of my training outside for most of the balance of my schedule. I could only handle 14 on Satruday.
                  Great run Saturday! Looks like you had some nice weather. Where are you at?