Just what do we all eat? (Read 1062 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It was not easy, but I was out the door for a 12 miler so I wanted to make sure I was not too stuffed full. BTW, why do so many of you drink so much water?

A Saucy Wench

It was not easy, but I was out the door for a 12 miler so I wanted to make sure I was not too stuffed full. BTW, why do so many of you drink so much water?
      Cause I get thirsty. And I eat a lot of fiber. If I dont drink water I get constipated.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

BTW, why do so many of you drink so much water?
        mostly to stop myself from eating unnecessarily. what do you mean by so much?

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

breakfast: i've experimented with lots of things over the past year and have now pretty much settled on 1 slice toast with butter and 2 scrambled eggs (scrambled with just a little bit of 2% milk) lunch: if i make my own its jacket potato with tuna and veg or risotto or soup. if i have to buy it its normally a salad. sometimes its the previous nights leftovers but only if i get to them before my husband does! dinner: mostly pasta or rice based. thai chicken curry with jasmine rice, bacon and tomato pasta, chicken, shrimp or pumpkin risotto. tonight i was only cooking for me so i had slow cooked lamb stew (frozen from a couple of weeks ago) with a jacket potato and peas. snacks: i've got small bags of nuts in my office cupboard for if i'm feeling peckish. i also like anchor calci-yum (chocolate yoghurt style thingy). or a small babybel cheese. big failing: too much wine (especially red wine). way too much.

The Greatest of All Time

BTW, why do so many of you drink so much water?
            I was sort of wondering the same thing. Water has been overhyped in the last few years, strangely at the same time the bottled water market took off. I think it's funny seeing people carrying bottled water around in fancy carriers like it's a baby or something. We have the bottled water cooler at work and I probably have 3-4 plastic cups full a day, or probably 48 ounces at most. The rest of my fluids are milk, coffee, coke zero, and some G2 from time to time.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              Today I had a pound of candy for lunch. That's right...a pound of candy.
              Gig

Banana Man, I've gotta ask. No bananas?
                celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I was sort of wondering the same thing. Water has been overhyped in the last few years, strangely at the same time the bottled water market took off. I think it's funny seeing people carrying bottled water around in fancy carriers like it's a baby or something. We have the bottled water cooler at work and I probably have 3-4 plastic cups full a day, or probably 48 ounces at most. The rest of my fluids are milk, coffee, coke zero, and some G2 from time to time.
                  For me, water is the no calorie way to stay hydrated with a regimen of over 3 hours of exercise a day and an awfully dry office/house. Here's how I get to 12 glasses, which seems excessive, but is what my body likes: 8 oz immediately pst-run in the am one 32 oz bottle at work before lunch one 32 oz bottle (refillable) at work after lunch 8 oz of water with my 60 min cross train or strength train 16 oz of water with dinner

Chris
                  PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

A Saucy Wench

I've always drunk a lot of water. I just get really thirsty all the time. Actually got diabetes screened a couple times because of how much I need to drink. If I dont drink water I will drink something else like tea or diet coke and that is never good for me. If you have ever been to texas...most of the restaurants there serve iced tea (unsweetened) in 32 oz glasses. I am one of those people who would get more than 1 refill just over lunch. I worked in a small office 3 days a week a few years ago. I think there were about 10 employees. Me starting to work there affected the number of bottles they had to buy for the water cooler. I had a 32 oz cup at my desk that usually got filled 2-3 times in a day plus a can or two of soda. I dont drink as much as I used to - I think now that I am no longer in airconditioned airless recyled office sitting at the computer all day I dont need as much.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

This is a typical day for me Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee with skim milk, and splenda sugar blend All Bran Buds with skim milk and splenda sugar blend Either a tiny bit of cott cheese or a hard boiled egg Mid Am Snack: apple, string cheese or apple a melba toast with laughing cow cheese Lunch: Either a whole wheat pita, spaniche and hummos or a lean cuisine, carrots, ff plain yogart and sometimes a 70 cal soup to go. Dinner: Salad, with leftovers or salad with a garden burger snack: ff popcorn , maybe a ff fudge bar try not to drink beer or I'll go hog wild!!!!!!!!!!!

- Anya

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I drink a lot of water because my urologist told me to. I'm prone to UTIs (once I was hospitalized with a kidney infection). I've been tested and everything is "normal." I've tried all the natural stuff, too, but if I miss a couple of days of antibiotics, I still get an infection.
                          What I eat tends to vary a lot from day to day - I'm a student with a very hectic/irregular schedule, and sometimes it's difficult to even fit meals into the day. I eat a lot of bagels, peanut granola bars, and applesauce. I also drink tons of water and juice.
                          protoplasm72

Average day for me, don't try this at home. 7:30am - Run 7 miles 10:00am - Wheaties 4-5 servings with 2-3 cups of 2% milk and a multi vitamin. Around 600-700 calories. 1:30pm - Whatever I feel like. I rotate between cheese burgers, tacos, quiznos, and sandwiches from panera bread. The key is volume so probably a lot of calories. 6:00pm - Energy bars or wheatables/ wheat thins. About 200 calories. 7:00pm - Workout #2 swimming or weight lifting. 45 minutes - 1 hour. 8:30pm - Generally a salad then some form of steak or pasta. Smaller then lunch but still a lot. 11:00pm - Not every day but if I worked out a lot (much more then the averages about) I'm usually hungry and eat a bagel or or some other form of carbs.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson