Most. Overplayed. Song. Ever (Read 867 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

He drinks a whiskey drink He drinks a vodka drink He drinks a lager drink He drinks a cider drink
    I'll have what he's having...
    I think officially its "Yesterday" by the Beatles.
    This is technically the correct answer since there have been more recorded versions of this song than any other. Ever.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

DH and I play this...but we break it down into 2 categories, songs that are overplayed in their time and songs that need to be "retired." Retired: American Pie Overplayed: My Heart Will Go On And although I may be alone in this, there was a song in the 80's from the movie White Nights by Phil Collins called Separate Lives-I remember I turned from radio station to radio station and it was on 4 stations at the same time!
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Retired: American Pie
        Agreed. Legendary song, a true classic. But I need to go a minimum of 5 years between hearings. Must not only be retired but excommunicated from all karaoke bars.
        Overplayed: My Heart Will Go On
        Way overplayed. Maybe this should go in that cheesy thread, but I actually like a few of her songs. But she always loses me at the key change, when her songs go from ballad to belting.
        And although I may be alone in this, there was a song in the 80's from the movie White Nights by Phil Collins called Separate Lives-I remember I turned from radio station to radio station and it was on 4 stations at the same time!
        You are not alone. PC seemed to have knack for hit songs for obscure movies (see "Groovy Kind of Love" and "Against all odds"). I would like it if he quit doing stupid movie songs and recorded with Genesis. (Although I do have to admit that "Against All Odds (Take a look at me now") is one of his best efforts ever because he sings with such emotion.)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My legs are killing me

And although I may be alone in this, there was a song in the 80's from the movie White Nights by Phil Collins called Separate Lives-I remember I turned from radio station to radio station and it was on 4 stations at the same time!
          Maybe someone should tell Phil to HTFU.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe someone should tell Phil to HTFU.
            Or STFU.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

Or STFU.
              I think he has. Has he come out with anything new in the last 15 years? Confused
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think maybe just songs on Disney movie soundtracks...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

Most. Overplayed. Song. Ever. is the song that our son wants to hear eachtime we are in the car, which isn't too bad -- The Chords Sh-Boom Hey nonny ding dong, alang alang alang Boom ba-doh, ba-doo ba-doodle-ay Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom) If I could take you up in paradise up above (sh-boom) If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love Life could be a dream sweetheart (Hello hello again, sh-boom and hopin' we'll meet again) Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom) If only all my precious plans would come true (sh-boom) If you would let me spend my whole life lovin' you Life could be a dream sweetheart Now every time I look at you Something is on my mind (dat-dat-dat-dat-dat-duh) If you do what I want you to Baby, we'd be so fine Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom) If I could take you up in paradise up above (sh-boom) If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love Life could be a dream sweetheart Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da, sh-boom Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da Sh-boom sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da Da, sh-boom Every time I look at you Somethin' is on my mind If you do what I want you to Baby, we'd be so fine Life could be a dream If I could take you up in paradise up above If you would tell me I'm the only one that you love Life could be a dream sweetheart (Hello hello again, sh-boom and hopin' we'll meet again) boom sh-boom Hey nonny ding dong, alang alang alang (sh-boom) Ba-doh, ba-doo ba-doodle-ay Life could be a dream Life could be a dream, sweetheart Life could be a dream If only all my precious plans would come true If you would let me spend my whole life loving you Life could be a dream sweetheart (dee-oody-ooh, sh-boom, sh-boom) (dee-oody-ooh, sh-boom, sh-boom) (dee-oody-ooh, sh-boom, sh-boom) Sweetheart
                    I think the most overplayed song is relative to what you are exposed to. I have young kids, so the entire soundtracks to High School Musical and High School Musical 2 are definitely the most overplayed songs in my household right now. I'm not sure which is worse - Zac Efron or the Wiggles. I'm very happy to be out of the Barney phase, though. I guess that's one more reason I love to run - I get to listen to music that isn't featured on the Disney Channel!
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I think to qualify in the upper echelons of overplayed, it needs to be overpayed for many, many years.
                      slowdog

DON'T PANIC

Bad Company "Feel Like Making Love" Free "All Right Now" Queen "Another One Bites the Dust" "Bohemian Rhapsody" "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" Foreigner "Cold As Ice" "Hot Blooded" I can go on and on,,,,,,
                        Lisa3.1

I think to qualify in the upper echelons of overplayed, it needs to be overpayed for many, many years.
                          Well, for us, it seems to be YEARS that we hear the song our son wants to hear. does that count Other than that, I have not thought about anything else.

Imminent Catastrophe

If the subject was Most.Overplayed.Song.Ever.At.Races. there would be no contest. "Eye of the Tiger". I don't care if I NEVER hear that song again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

RBS

Paradise by the Dashboard Light ... many too times at bad college parties. Also... Crocodile Rock - blech!
                              -----------------------------------------
                              The more you suffer, the more it shows your really care!