Michigan & Beer (Read 586 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Had three glasses at Bell's today. Well worth the trip!! IPA Wheat Stout Yum!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

God...I need a Bell's road trip! Good drinks! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

MMMMmmmmmm Bell's! Oberon in the fall. Expedition Stout in the winter. You can smell the alcohol from the other side of the room when one of those is opened.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oberon was the what beer I had yesterday Big grin Cool! Got a navy blue tye dyed bells shirt !! The Pub is hard to find. But worth it!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oberon in the fall.
            Oberon ANY season! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I am jealous. Bells does not distribute to my state, and I wanna see what all the fuss is about. Friggin' stupid antiquated liquor laws. PROHIBITION IS OVER! LIVE IN THE NOW! Angry Oh well, just one more reason why I should visit. I think my parents would probably not be the least bit surprised if a trip to Michigan was more about beer than actually seeing them. Evil grin Who'd of thunk it -- something good coming out of Kalamazoo...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

I think my parents would probably not be the least bit surprised if a trip to Michigan was more about beer than actually seeing them.
                See, now, you need parents like mine. When we got to visit, they rank restaurants by the beers on tap. My first visit after turning 21, our first stop was to a brewpub (Capitol City in Inner Harbor). For my 21st b-day, they gave me a mix-'n-match case of beer, and a journal to record notes on beers and breweries.
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

REDACTED. Moronic double post

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

See, now, you need parents like mine.
                    Agreed, for a multitude of reasons, including the umm, beer thing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See, now, you need parents like mine.
                      Or mine...my dad made the best hot toddies with brandy (WI is the largest brandy-consuming state in the US...little bit of trivia) when we would get bad colds. My folks also made mean brandy and vodka cherry bounce. k

~ Sarah Kay

Bell's is good stuff. I've had to resort to trading beers in the mail to get any. Like Jeff's wonderful state, up until 3 weeks ago the limit on alcohol made distributing bells pointless. Hopefully that'll change soon. This stuff is pure heaven.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My folks also made mean brandy and vodka cherry bounce.
                          *salivating* Recipe please!

Scout7

Heh. My sister and I could both mix perfect Rob Roys by the time we were 12. Dad bought a bottle of scotch that was bottled in the year each of us was born, and saved them until our wedding days.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, all I remember is them getting some big glass mayo jars--the food service ones. I think probably a gallon in size. They'd fill it maybe halfway with tart cherries (with pits), then dump some sugar in, then fill the jar the rest of the way with booze and set it in a closet for a month or two. By the time the jar was opened the cherries had absorbed a ton of alcohol and the mix had become VERY strong. We'd eat small bowls of the cherries and that was all it took--good dessert! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I've seen that done with bourbon, too. I think they called 'em cherry bombs or something equally as witty. Another good trick is to take a big watermelon, cut a hole, stick a bottle of vodka in the hole, and leave it go till the vodka all drains into the melon. MMMMMMMM....